Computers, Dah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
My DAD is in need of a better computer and I am in need of worse computer. For my purposes, I do not need a Pentium 4. A Celeron D that is overclocked will be fine for mediocre gaming, folding, web design, home theater pc, animation, and beginner's programming. My DAD is the one who can use a P4 520 @ 550 to the fullest so for me it is no biggy. And plus, I got a Celeron D 330J absolutely free.

Intel Celeron D 330J
Aopen GeForce 6200 (128)
Abit AA8-Duramax (LGA775)
Powmax 702 Matrix 450W
Optorite 8x DVD +/- RW
LG 52x CD-ROM DRIVE
SATA to IDE Converter
Western Digital 160 GB
Corsair ValueSelct 256 MB
Samsung Floppy Drive
MSI TV Anywhere TV Tuner

Here we are, any suggestions...

Add an extra 256mb of ram (total 512mb) to make windows xp run smoother (assuming u will use windows xp) and you have yourself a simple set up there.

My DAD is an SQL/Oracel DBA, he is the one who needs a Pentium 4. I only use it for animation, web design, schoolwork, mediocre gaming, beginner's programming, and home theater pc.

The ram should still help run everything smoothly(helps improve performence in games), what games would you be playin on this?

i know that would run fine on your system, it can handle everything else you mentioned but it's your money, havn't heard of that graphics card, but mabey im just "out of date" so it must be new, all them games ran on my mates old geforce 4 card on high settings.

The GeForce 6200 is the mainstream card from the new GeForce 6 series cards on PCI Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom