Power Supply and Graphics Card Upgrade

The PC fans get really really really loud, and I am going to return the AMD processor for a full refund. I dont have an optical drive so I would like that. Also a SSD is really good So I'm getting that. I think upgrading to 16GB ram is good for future proofing etc. I need a new case and that one is Midi Tower and Sound proof. CPU cooler I needed definitely and it wouldn't fit in my current case. I need a new motherboard for an intel processor and this is the best one i could find at a low price that support haswell, would you say get an i5 4670 or an i7 4770? I dont want a k model as i do not wish to overclock.

What would you change in this build?

and 60 degrees on low load i meant, it went up to 70-80 on high load.

Yea, that's typical of AMD when you don't do something about the cooling.

The rest is fine, but Intel is a different ballpark. The stock coolers are sufficient for what they are but if you already have the CM Hyper then keep it. It wouldn't hurt at all.

All B85, H81, H87, and Z87 boards support Haswell. Literally all 1150 boards support Haswell, because they have to lol. I mean you could even get this board for your setup and it would be fine.
Asus H81M-E Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (H81M-E) - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Personally I would go with the 4670 but if you don't mind the extra cash being spent then get the 4770. Just know that gaming doesn't utilize HT but if you do anything else like Photoshop, rendering, video editing, whatever it'll be faster than the 4670. Just something to think about. If you won't do the above then the 4670 is the obvious choice.

Ahh okay, thanks for that mate.

This is what I've got so far.

Intel Core i5-4670, EVGA GeForce GTX 770, Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Is there anything else you would recommend? Can you think of a better case? £80 too much for a case so I'm wondering if there is a cheaper one you can recommend for me that will fit everything inside. Would you say go for the 250 GB SSD as the primary harddrive or the 120 GB. I will have a 1 TB secondary harddrive. 250 is 99.99 and 120 is 60.99. Personally I think 120gb is fine, as I will put movies etc on the 1TB. Also what CPU cooler would you say to get, is this fine:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0068OI7T8/?tag=pcp0f-21

or should I get this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-CNPS...TF8&qid=1396368272&sr=1-5&keywords=cpu+cooler

I want to spend as less money as possible on this one.

If you really want to spend less money you can get the 120 and it will do you fine. Again like the case of the 4770 if you don't mind spending the money the 250 obviously gives you more space but just remember there aren't many games out right now that actually take advantage of the speed an SSD provides. So if you need more space later you could always get another 120GB EVO and RAID 0 with your current one. Totally up to you.

As to the cooler, the EVO is pretty much the best cheap heatsink you can buy for what it is. I wouldn't deviate from that.

Hi, what case would you recommend? I will be going with the ATX motherboard. And I don't want a case bigger than midi.

Hi, just to let you know, today my parts came and I had them installed. Currently I am downloading and installing my programmes and games etc.

It is insanely fast.

This is the final build of the PC at the moment, the only thing I will do to it maybe is get a 27inch monitor some time in the next few months.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3lss0

I will upload some picture in the coming days.

P.S. I loved the case I brought, it's got a see through windows and looks amazing.

Great system, That should last you a long while.Nice looking case also.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom