How Cold is too Cold for a CPU...if it can be too cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I don't like the thought of water cooling because of also the fact that I've heard too many stories of people forgetting to turn on the pump and frying their CPU, I just want to press my ON button and go with all my fans :p

Nubius said:
well I don't like the thought of water cooling because of also the fact that I've heard too many stories of people forgetting to turn on the pump and frying their CPU, I just want to press my ON button and go with all my fans :p

you can integrate the pump to the PSU with a lil' work. just wire it into PSU and it will boot up along with everything else. (theres probably a guide on Google) of course everyone i tell this to is like "opening and tampering with PSU can be fatal"...i not dead yet:) lol.

well yeah lol, I knew there's a way to mod it like that but STILL, I'm saying you can't just throw it in and it's set up like that. You can do almost anything if you know electronics decent enough and can solder with a steady hand :p But yeah a PSU is only fatal if you JUST had it plugged in or something. Other than that if you just attach a fan to it, the fan will drain the remaining power. I used my grandmas old PSU to make a test PSU to turn my fans on to see how the setup would work when I was modding my case

yah there really should be a "cable to PSU" adapter or sumthin so you dont have to spend a long time soldering and all that...its pretty annoying for a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom