Help this noob please

Could have been edited or I didn't see it there. Either way, that little piece cleared a lot up.

I see the upgraded GPU and now the monitor and resolution. So the problem is CPU clearly, since the resolution makes him CPU bound.

Could have been edited or I didn't see it there. Either way, that little piece cleared a lot up.

I see the upgraded GPU and now the monitor and resolution. So the problem is CPU clearly, since the resolution makes him CPU bound.

I'm thinking the whole machine is a problem and a half.
Upgrading motherboard [Solved] - Motherboards - Motherboards
His case is BTX standard by intel, pretty much hes screwed not unless he builds or a buy a new computer.

Its possible he could a use q6700 which is the best for his machine.
http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/209376-upgrading-dell-optiplex-745

I'll leave this link to you mguire and you build him a intel budget computer under 500.00 bucks.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com

If you can't afford a new machine, you can make it work as is although you wont be able to raid and you might see severe lag in busy cities. At a minimum, I'd try to upgrade RAM cards and tweak in game settings as well as get your existing system running in tip top shape. It will be less than ideal but you can get by that way if you are unable to afford a better machine.

He has a slow dual core trying to use what I would assume is a 7770 on a monitor with a resolution of 1440x900. Now WoW isn't that demanding compared to others, but his CPU is still a problem. His best bet is find himself a used Q6600 and hope for the best.

I would also ditch XP and go for 64bit Windows 7 or 8 so the option of more RAM is available too.

I totally agree. I ran it on a system worse than his and adjusted in-game settings. He stated that money and time to build a system were an issue for him so I'm just saying you can make it work although it's not going to run great. Totally need a new machine in reality

Well I know WoW has come a long way since the last time I touched it and back then I was running an Athlon X2 4200+ as an idea. Reports from friends tell me it's more CPU demanding since their upgrades. What has me scratching my head is, how can you have a lot of time to play WoW but not take the 45 minutes or so requires to build yourself a new PC to further enjoy your experience? Sounds like laziness to me.

I was unaware of the changes I guess. With that being said, I'm in agreement. Build new system or change some parts

thanks a lot guys. ill make sure to read through everything you said. i have a very limited time nowadays so dont take my lack of response wrong-ly^^

Well I know WoW has come a long way since the last time I touched it and back then I was running an Athlon X2 4200+ as an idea. Reports from friends tell me it's more CPU demanding since their upgrades. What has me scratching my head is, how can you have a lot of time to play WoW but not take the 45 minutes or so requires to build yourself a new PC to further enjoy your experience? Sounds like laziness to me.

lets put it this way.. my new job sucks and is just way too time consuming so whenver i get some time off I use my computer a lot and I dont want to deal with any limitations. I just wanna have fun. wow may not be the best game for me but I wanna give it a go anyway (i havent started playing just tried it). despite my problems i still consider myself hardcore player so I obviously need to have a good machine

Yea it's an easy way to forget about real life for awhile and kill some time. I maxed out like 6 characters during my time playing for a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom