Drivers issue

chara33

Daemon Poster
I am trying to install graphics drivers on my desktop. The only way I can install the drivers is to unplug my hdmi cable from my tv. I tried that and then hooking up the cable to the tv but when i do that i lose all the icons and my mouse pointer.

The only way i get the icons back is to unplug HDMI cable from the tv. How can I fix this?

thx

When you say you "lose all icons and your mouse pointer" do you still have a desktop wallpaper up?

If so... then it's probably set to multi-monitor mode in the display settings. If you don't have multiple monitors setup, and its setup for that, then try to manually set to a single display.

No, the only things i see are the lower left icons on the lower left icons on the taskbar. Even if i click on those nothing works until I unplug HDMI cord from my tv and reboot.

I'm betting it's setting the tv as a default moniter, set the tv to the pc connection and see if either screen has any icons

When i go into display i don't even see my tv listed. That is part of the tissue. When I had it on windows 8 it worked perfectly but not on 8.1.

ok, have hdmi plugged in and have access to desktop monitor with icons. Still cant see tv listed under control panel>display. Was working fine in win 8 but updated to 8.1 and this all started.

Any ideas?

When I turn my tv to hdmi2 which is hooked up to my pc it says nothing is connected. Bad hdmi cable? It is brand new.

Back
Top Bottom