Case: Coolermaster HAF 932, HAF, 935, HAF X
PSU: 850W GOLD or better PSU with at least 90A on 1-4 +12V rails
Motherboard: MSI 990FXAGD80V2
CPU: AMD VISHERA FX8350 or FX9xxx
RAM: GSkill Sniper DDR3 CL9 1866, 2133 or above
VidCard: MSI or EVGA GTX760 or higher
HD: 2x Seagate 64MB Cache Sata 6GB/s 7200 RPM 1TB or 2TB HD's in RAID0
DVD/BR: LG Brand SATA
**Newegg is currently offline right now or I would be posting links to all the parts for you.
Please note:
For those of you forgetting and still living in the falseness that a Power Supply only needs to be of a certain wattage, please get out of the nightmare you are in. Amperage NEEDS to be taken into consideration these days and is part of the new standard since the introduction of the Nvidia 6XXX-7XXX Series cards as well as the AMD/RADEON Equivalents of these cards. Most folks are complacent with the old addage, "If it's got the wattage it will work." I say this not to insult but to remind and refresh those whom have forgotten or do not realize that manufacturers like HP, Asus, Gateway, Compaq, Dell all use powersupplys with barely the minimum of what is required for components. They do this so that if you buy said products for desktops they wear out faster and it appears that you need a new system, when in fact you do not, and by the time it is caught that it was the power supply the components are degraded to a point where they just won't have that "new" feel again. FYI I've been building, modifying and working on my own systems since 1994, just 4 years before I graduated High School. I have the experience and knowledge to back this sad truth.

Asus Is the best I am using Q500, i7 and its performance is brilliant.
I beg to differ, their bios programming lacks proper coding, things constantly screw up with their boards, I've used asus in the past and have not had any good results with any of their boards beyond initial experience for the first couple months, and I Had everything setup. These comments are meant to EDUCATE and not spam or go off topic for the OP or the people that are intending on helping. Anybody who's got an asus board and has had memory timing issues with the boards knows what I'm talking about. there are other issues as well that I seriously don't wish to mention as it would be way too off topic. Complete Disregard for someone who is simply providing input from YEARS worth of experience with MANY different Manufacturers. Go read on the OCZ forums my posts about my problems with my ASUS 590 SLI board, and all of the other ASUS boards like it. I switched to an EVGA board but they stopped making those... FOXCONN makes some kicking boards as well, but not updated enough to handle what the OP wishes for.

I beg to differ, their bios programming lacks proper coding, things constantly screw up with their boards, I've used asus in the past and have not had any good results with any of their boards beyond initial experience for the first couple months, and I Had everything setup. These comments are meant to EDUCATE and not spam or go off topic for the OP or the people that are intending on helping. Anybody who's got an asus board and has had memory timing issues with the boards knows what I'm talking about. there are other issues as well that I seriously don't wish to mention as it would be way too off topic. Complete Disregard for someone who is simply providing input from YEARS worth of experience with MANY different Manufacturers. Go read on the OCZ forums my posts about my problems with my ASUS 590 SLI board, and all of the other ASUS boards like it. I switched to an EVGA board but they stopped making those... FOXCONN makes some kicking boards as well, but not updated enough to handle what the OP wishes for.
There's your problem. This is 2014, not 2007. I take it you think ASRock is still a subsidiary of Asus making low grade boards too? Things have changed, a lot.

But mine is running fine and has not caused me any problems yet I really like Asus.

Last edited:
One of the biggest problems with asus is the board just up and will go wonky. But, I have my brand preference due to previous issues with the boards I have had and have worked on. as for the OP, it's up to them as to what they're going to purchase and make the decisions as to which to purchase. AMD v. Intel to me isn't that big of a deal, Benchmarks don't really mean much other than a guideline to your baseline performance you should see at a certain level. Not all components will perform the exact same as the ones used in a benchmark. I've seen a whole ton of different things with respect to this variable. I personally have tuned a system to come within just a few ticks of "beating" out an intel system or even outright stomping it in a "side by side" comparison benchmark. I've seen two systems side by side, one AMD, one Intel, they performed the exact same in certain areas, and the AMD was snappier and faster in just the desktop response at certain points.
Point here: 1. AMD or Intel It doesn't really matter as Intel uses bus to get results and AMD uses clock speeds and such to get theirs. 2. Who truely wins? IMO AMD is the better Processor manufacturer, but Intel can have an edge in aspects over AMD, Those can be overcome and matched with the right tweaks and component choices. 3. It's all about the choices one makes in hardware, the OP will choose between what they like on the components that are being shown or listed.
I am moving today but once I am done I can get some preliminary Passmark scores up within the next week on my system. I will even make a passmark file and send to those that request it to compare their system to mine. I currently am bottlenecked due to a couple components, but you'll have the knowledge of this knowing that my scores are not completely fair. I strongly Believe that MSI has a very distinct advantage over ASUS as I have seen comparison numbers for said hardware. The board I use has held the OC record for AMD at 8GHZ, that's quite a feat considering that at the time that was nearly a 100% overclock on the board and processor. MSI 990FXA-GD80 Sets a New World Record of 8.37GHz with FX-8350 | techPowerUp Here's the link to the article TP did on the overclock. Quite a good argument to go with AMD and MSI as a combo IMO. As far as I am aware unless someone has Hit faster with a 9xxx chip that record still stands. @OP if you would like a benchmark of my system please let me know. I am by no means overclocked and I am at absolute stock on my system as far as speeds go. Components such as chiller... I'm running a V10 which is power hungry and it's performance depends on the Power supply as it's hybrid TEC. I have some of my shots still from an old system I worked with and owned somewhere buried on my phone, so if I can I will post those up to show I do have experience, these are validated screens and can be looked up at the CPU-Z website. Peace out, see you all on the flip and good luck to OP if you choose or have chosen your components. --Maverick Wolfe

Back
Top Bottom