New pc built. Will not power on

Yup.... the CX corsairs are economy PSU's and I've used a lot of them and I have had to RMA a few too, but one thing about the Corsair's is that when they do fail....they have the necessary safeguards in place so they do not take out your hardware with it. We all know that there are some really inferior PSU's out there that can damage your system when they do fail

Yup.... the CX corsairs are economy PSU's and I've used a lot of them and I have had to RMA a few too, but one thing about the Corsair's is that when they do fail....they have the necessary safeguards in place so they do not take out your hardware with it. We all know that there are some really inferior PSU's out there that can damage your system when they do fail
Yea that's why if people DO buy them I at least know their system won't burn their house down.

Corsair has never made their own products, they just badge them.

Glad you got it sorted.
Yup. I believe CX series is either FSP or cheaper CWT.

Redbeard on JGuru says it best to me.

I don't think we're reviewing them - the type of person who reads PSU reviews has nothing to do with CX series.

I don't understand why you'd say they're sketchy - I mean if you compare them to AX or HX, yeah, clearly those are the better products - at 2-3x the cost. But there are a bunch of products in the $50 price range or lower and most of those are really, really crappy. We're trying to build a product that is accurately rated in that price range.

It's a cost/feature balance. Are they great PSUs? No - they're solid for what they're designed for: to produce the power on the sticker at the temperature rated.

If there's a sub $50 PSU roundup, they'll hold their own and likely win. If they're compared against products that cost $70, $80, or $100 - they'll lose.

Just like comparing a Geo Metro against a Corvette.

Back
Top Bottom