*Cheap* wireless gaming headset

Not really. The apartment complex I'm in now was built sometime in the late 60s and it definitely has much thicker walls than my previous complex that was built in the late 80s.

The problem is essentially this. If you have a bunch of wireless routers using the 2.4GHz range (this also includes other 2.4GHz devices like Bluetooth, microwave, ect) it causes a lot of waves in the air. If there is a router using the same channel your headset is on it can cause crosstalk which causes the headset to cut out because the other wireless devices takes priority. Logitech has told me several times that their G930 headset switches channels to make sure it finds a channel that is clean but I highly doubt it. The only time I had a perfect experience with this headset is at my moms house out in the country. The only real way you can tell is buy it and try. If it has issues return it and get an extension cable for your regular headphones like I just did.

I got the H600, used, for $25.
Had it for two days now, and am really happy with it. No interference whatsoever, that I can detect; the device works as I had hoped.

Back
Top Bottom