Is A Information Technology Degree (Concentration in Information Security) Worth Pursuing Nowadays?

Bao231

Solid State Member
http://www.ecu.edu/cs-tecs/techsystems/upload/BS_in_ICT_13_flyer.pdf

I plan on interning, working on campus computers, etc... To get as much experience as I can possibly get. Because I really have a passion for computers, as I type this I am snooping around my High School network and calling teacher's phones etc with my Ipod. I don't want to spend all my time on this degree and then end up working back at Bay Valley foods afterwards. If i get a entry level job, thats fine with me- I will seize that opportunity to build up my experience. Then I'll probaly go for a Masters or Doctorate in I.T.

I'm going through the same thing myself. The guy who got me interested in it isn't a millionaire but he has a hard skill that can pay the bills and it's something not everyone can do.

I'm going through the same thing myself. The guy who got me interested in it isn't a millionaire but he has a hard skill that can pay the bills and it's something not everyone can do.

Who's the guy? And what skill is it?

What are you interested in? What can you do?

Right, at the moment in the EU any way it's a toss up you can go either uni an get a degree or start at the bottom an learn an earn your way up.

in the past when I have been hiring I noticed a lack of natural flair when it comes to some skill's taught by uni's and the guy's who start at the bottom an work there way up, but I have noticed a distinct lack of documentation and underlying cause identification in the non uni ones.

It's a toss up in the way you want to go, if you have something like the Open university in your country use that and get some practical experience, and then pay for certification in real world tech at the same time.

But this is just my opinion.

He does freelance work. He's fixed my families computers several times and knows how to install software. He told me the cloud would be big so i'm going to focus on that aspect, but i'm just a newb starting school over but I do know a bit about html.

(Computer Logic Request Chicago IL, 60633 – Manta.com a link to his company profile if you have questions I can ask him for you he's been in the business a long time. If you have a linkedin account you can ask him questions yourself.

He does freelance work. He's fixed my families computers several times and knows how to install software. He told me the cloud would be big so i'm going to focus on that aspect, but i'm just a newb starting school over but I do know a bit about html.

(Computer Logic Request Chicago IL, 60633 – Manta.com a link to his company profile if you have questions I can ask him for you he's been in the business a long time. If you have a linkedin account you can ask him questions yourself.

Yes. Cloud & Information Security will be huge imo.

Back
Top Bottom