GPU Performance

You do not need to do that so fast lol, while yes you have a bottleneck with GPU's it's not as bad as some would have you believe. Yes save up and eventually get a better setup but for now that CPU is going to be ok. To immediately switch out just for the sake of a potential 5-15% gain game depending is a bad idea. Save up and then when it's time upgrade to your new platform but for now enjoy what you have. My second rig uses am AMD 975 and I don't have any issue with any game with an HD 7870. Though I do lower in game resolutions a notch @ 16:10 ratio on a few games so that I can set ultra or high. There is not one game that will not play on high settings with 55+ FPS.

You do not need to do that so fast lol, while yes you have a bottleneck with GPU's it's not as bad as some would have you believe. Yes save up and eventually get a better setup but for now that CPU is going to be ok. To immediately switch out just for the sake of a potential 5-15% gain game depending is a bad idea. Save up and then when it's time upgrade to your new platform but for now enjoy what you have. My second rig uses am AMD 975 and I don't have any issue with any game with an HD 7870. Though I do lower in game resolutions a notch @ 16:10 ratio on a few games so that I can set ultra or high. There is not one game that will not play on high settings with 55+ FPS.
That's essentially the issue.

The TPU review uses an IB CPU to review their 260x and they get 55fps average in WoW where he is getting about 20.

wow_1920_1080.gif

Look at his GPU utilization. He is running at 49% and looks like a max of 60%. That is at least 40% of his GPU not being used and if he got a better GPU it would be that much worse. His dual module based CPU is slower than your 975 for single threaded apps IE gaming. For gaming he would be better off using even an i3 4130.

PP is right in this case. when i first started building i used a Athlon II x4 640 with a 460SE ran evreything no problems. since i got this card i have had nothing but probs and then **** got worse when i got the 7850k

I agree with Bag O on this too check this link out closely:
[Phoronix] AMD A10-7850K vs. Intel/AMD CPU/APU Comparison Review
With PP's recommendation on the core i3 4130, you would be better with sticking with this chip. :)

Heres the only problem, if you plan on using this as a game machine and media playing use it for that purpose.
If you need it to do everyday stuff like office suites, system tools or many other varation of programs this may not be what you need.

You never did say what you did what that athlon, you still have it the board and ram.
Pickup a 430 watt antec psu unit and whatever else and use that as your main rig.
Best time to really score some good parts is late may through late august.
Or stash 600 bucks underneath your bed before black friday and get your intel setups.

I agree with Bag O on this too check this link out closely:
[Phoronix] AMD A10-7850K vs. Intel/AMD CPU/APU Comparison Review
With PP's recommendation on the core i3 4130, you would be better with sticking with this chip. :)

Heres the only problem, if you plan on using this as a game machine and media playing use it for that purpose.
If you need it to do everyday stuff like office suites, system tools or many other varation of programs this may not be what you need.

You never did say what you did what that athlon, you still have it the board and ram.
Pickup a 430 watt antec psu unit and whatever else and use that as your main rig.
Best time to really score some good parts is late may through late august.
Or stash 600 bucks underneath your bed before black friday and get your intel setups.
That link is comparing the IGP differences and he is using a 260x which is clearly being bottlenecked hard. Look at more reputable reviews of the chip comparing CPU performance with dedicated cards and you'll see that even the FX4300 outweighs this APU, of which an i3 4130 will walk all over for gaming which is the intended purpose of this machine.
The fact of the matter is he intends on purchasing an i5 4440 setup which wil give him the CPU performance he needs for his games.

Look at more reputable reviews of the chip comparing CPU performance with dedicated cards and you'll see that even the FX4300 outweighs this APU, of which an i3 4130 will walk all over for gaming which is the intended purpose of this machine.

Seriously who would have ever thought of it batman ? :/
Fact remains its good enough for what I stated and nothing more.

The fact of the matter is he intends on purchasing an i5 4440 setup which wil give him the CPU performance he needs for his games.

Wow man read the bottom of my last reply, I got no problems if he goes eiher way for both chip makers.

It's good for somebody who wants something basic and doesn't have a dedicated GPU. You stated you agree with Big O on this one which is where I was stemming my reply from. It clearly is not good enough while having a dedicated GPU and his lack of performance states this. That's why he's finally switching because he's been adamant on keeping with AMD until now. I mean, he would be way better with even an FX6300 but if he's spending the money might as well go all the way.

Back
Top Bottom