Double Monitor Issue

cardartmagic

Beta member
Hi. Thanks for stopping by my thread.

Here's my issue: I built my new computer on Christmas. it includes an amd radeon r7 200 series graphics card. Up until recently i have been using the dvi-a port with a converter to vga female which i plugged my vga into there and then into my RCA 42" lcd monitor. I finally got around to buying a cord with a dvi-d on one end and vga on the other to hook up a second monitor (HP L2208w) Both cords can be plugged into my pc but when i plug the dvi-d to vga into my hp monitor both screens say "lost signal" or "no signal" . I know that its not just the monitor because i tried on 3 different monitors. If any of you have any clue as to what is the issue help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Did you activate the second monitor in the control panel, I have Nvidia but ATI has a setting in there too, The second monitor will be set as second display and the first as the main, So in the ATI control panel there should be a set up second display tab some place in there to turn on the second and to set what you want to use it for, Could have it mirror the first or have it like a extent ion to the first.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom