Low budget and high budget Gaming builds advice needed

As long as the corsair isn't the CX builder sieries it will be plenty of power, I'm running a corsair TX650 with SLI and it handles it no problem, If I went with Tri SLI I might want more but the 750 will handle it just fine. For OC make sure you get a Z87 chipset on which ever MB you choose.

Dauntae

Well like I said previously, if you're gaming you don't need an i7 at all, and these CPUs don't need to be OCd for games. I have a 2nd gen Sandy Bridge and I don't even need to OC this and I max everything out with a GTX 680. That being said, a stock 780ti will be more than plenty for 1080p gaming. To answer your question, you don't need anymore than 650w worth of quality PSU even IF you OC. If you want modular, a Seasonic M1211 620w or Seasonic G 650w is more than sufficient.

Any brand 780ti will be fine. I would stick to eVGA personally.

That Asus board is seriously overboard for what you need. You could save a lot of cash if you didn't go overboard on the wrong pieces.

SLI and Crossfire, using 2 or more cards together for theoretically more performance. Leaves you at the mercy of drivers and game support.
SLI is for Nvidia
Crossfire is for AMD.

You run 2 of the same cards together. So if you bought the MSI 780ti you would need to buy another one that goes into a different slot on your motherboard. You hook up the SLI bridge and the drivers take care of the rest. For two 780ti cards you would need the 750w PSU. A quality one.

All Nvidia cards 600 series and up support 4 monitors. If you want to run 3 displays in Surround you will run into performance issues.

A friend of mine just built a system with the Asus Hero MB and it's nice but when you get it make sure you update the bios, there were a few issues for that board that the new bios fixed, He however only got it because he found it on sal for $170 so he spent the extra over the $140 board he was thinking of getting, I love his system but $200 for a MB is a little too much for me to justify.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom