Low budget and high budget Gaming builds advice needed

Hollowbaconpain

Solid State Member
Low budget Intel build:

1.Intel i5-3570k 3.40ghz (3.80ghz turbo)
2.Sapphire R9 270x 2gb GDDR5 overclocked
3.GiGabyte Intel z77
4.LG 12x internal blu-ray
5.NZXT Phantom Black w/orange
6.Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600hm 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency
7.WD Black 1 TB Sata 6GB/s
8.Cool Master Nepton 140XL
9.Corsair CSM Series 750w 80 Plus gold certified modular active PFC PSu

Low budget AMD build

1.AMD FX-8350 Black Edition 4.0ghz
2.Sapphire R9 270x 2gb GDDR5 overclocked
3.ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ 2133
4.LG 12x Internal Blu-ray
5.NZXT Phantom White
6.Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600hz
7.WD Black 1TB SATA 6GB/s
8.Cool Master Nepton 140XL 140mm radiator with jet flo fan
9.Corsair CSM series 750w 80 plus gold certified

High Budget Intel Build

1.Intel i7-4770k 3.5ghz (3.9ghz turbo)
2. ASUS GTX 780 ti 3 GB
3.NZXT Phantom white w/ red
4.Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (8 gb x 2) DDR3 1866hz
5.ASRock z87 Extreme ATX
6.Samsung 840 EVO 2.5 1 TB SATA III TLC ISSD (2)
7.Corsair HX Series 1050w 80 Plus Gold
8.Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid cooling
9.LG 12x Blu-ray ID

High Budget AMD Build

1.AMD FX-9590 4.7 Ghz (5.0 ghz turbo)
2.AMD R9 290X Sapphire Tri-c OC 512-bit
3.NZXT Phantom Black ATX Full-tower
4.Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866hz
5.Asrock 990FX Extreme9 AM3
6.Samsung 840 Evo 2.5 1TB SATA III TLC ISSD
7.Corsair HX Series 1050w 80 Plus Gold Certified
8.Corsair Hydro Series H100i liquid cooling
9.LG 12x Blu-ray ID

I made this builds from many reviews and advices that i have collected. I also want the advice( friendly, no harsh critics) of other people to see what i can make better in this builds. These are strictly for gaming. I also will make what i call the "Don't build it unless you are rich build". I do love that NZXT phantom case, that's why i applied it to all my builds. Also i choose to stick for maximum speed performance. Like i said, please i would appreciate friendly advise.

Just skinning over those builds ALL of them are way over on the Power supplies

Those low budget could be MUCH cheaper and still perform as well, Got a few things to do If I have time I'll redo one or two to what I would consider for those builds

Those low budget could be MUCH cheaper and still perform as well, Got a few things to do If I have time I'll redo one or two to what I would consider for those builds

I got your back on half of this when you reply back, I'll check back here later on my droid if any.

@Hollowbacon: Seriously ? o0
You call that amd low budget build, you may as well take the money and put down payment on a car. :/
Here:
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com
Newegg.com - AMD FX-6350 Vishera 3.9GHz Socket AM3+ 125W 6-Core Desktop Processor FD6350FRHKBOX
Newegg.com - Antec TruePower Classic series TP-650C 650W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supply
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - Newegg.com
I rather you get this I have the same model in my computer
Rips dvds blu-ray very flawlessly and burns all blu-ray disc with very little error.
LG BH12LS38: Internal SATA 12x Super Multi Blue LightScribe | LG USA

Those parts I choose to replace both amd builds that would be better suited too your needs the rest you can keep.
I'm not gonna lie to you but the amd fx9590 looks like a sloppy job when they were producing this.
AMD FX-9590 'Centurion' 5GHz CPU Benchmarks Leak - Tech of Tomorrow - Tech of Tomorrow
Find him on youtube and look at his video reguarding that.
Even he seem ****ed about how everything came and performed later on.

Not real sure what you're trying to accomplish here? Your low budget builds aren't exactly low budget and AMD shouldn't even be in a high budget build honestly. A lot can be changed.

I'm looking for a PC that will give me atleast 60 FPS on med to high settings. I choose that i5-3570k for the "low budget" 'cause someone here recommended it and I checked and it was pretty damn good against some other intel and amd cpu that were more expensive. Ik that they are not that low budget, I don't want to sacrifice performance, not even a little. What about the "high budget builds"? Besides the point that the PSu is way above the requirements. What about the video card brand sapphire? Is it good?

Well the first mistake is for a "low budget" build you could do away with the BD drive as all optical media for gaming is still DVD for the PC and probably will be for years to come. The next issue is you don't need aftermarket cooling currently because there isn't a need to OC these CPUs. Next, you don't need bigger than 600w or in my case I always recommend the Seasonic S1211 620w. Instead of a 1TB Black drive you could sacrifice that for the Blue because they are rather similar in real world performance. Finally, you're looking at buying 3rd gen Intel rather than 4th gen which is practically the same price. The 4670k is faster and the Z87 boards come with more features BUT for a low budget build the i5 4440 will deliver similar performance and you can couple that with a B85 board without sacrifice to much really except price. It will give you a lot more money to work with for a "budget" build.
Finally, I wouldn't buy any AMD cards as they are marked up due to mining. Look at the 760, 780, or the 780ti for these builds in their respective order.

My next comment is, for either side I don't suggest AMD for the price ranges we're looking at here. Nuff said really, see other threads for reasons why.

As to the high budget build, you don't need an i7 for strictly gaming. Games don't utilize HT, therefor you can save that 100 bucks and add it somewhere else. You also don't need RAM faster than 1600MHz for any of these builds. The performance gains simply aren't there. The PSUs are grossly over rated for each build at that, and yes I know that's been mentioned. You don't need more than 650w for any single GPU setup. If you want maximum performance, you want maximum GPU coupled with a good CPU. That being the 4670k.

For a tertiary comment section, I don't advise getting a 1TB SSD, that's just kinda pointless. At most I would say 500GB and a 1TB Seagate Barracuda or WD Black because there are only a handful (literally) of games that properly utilize SSDs to reduce loading times. For brands of video cards, I prefer eVGA for Nvidia builds but Asus is also a good brand. I suggest staying away from aftermarket cooled cards like DCU2, ect due to PCB sag and card droop. If you don't mind this then don't worry about it. And as I mentioned earlier you don't need these cooling setups as they are really only needed for overclocking of which you won't need to do.

I just did a budget build:
NZXT Source 210 case (white) $33. @ Amazon
Antec 450W power supply $35. @ NE
LG DVD-RW drive $15. @ NE

This Combo: $183. @ NE
AMD A4-4000 3.0 APU
Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 mobo
GSkill 4 gig memory (1)
500 gb Seagate HDD

My total cost is $266. Not Including Windows
I know it's not for games but it is budget which should be ok for office use or mom getting on line to check her email and log into facebook

I'm trying to move around some and stuff and change my builds. Is an msi gtx 780 ti good? I saw that it has its own program for over clocking purposes. Also I going reconsidered and I'm using us in a 1 TB WD and a 25 samsung e
840 evo. That takes around $500 off the build. Also my question is that if I'm going to over clock if I need a bigger supply. I'm over clocking both the gpu and cpu (i7-4770k). I don't know if a corsair 750w is enough.

Back
Top Bottom