Figuring out ram issue

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Well my new build had ram issues and I ended up doing a RMA on 2 sets of Team Ram and ended up ordering Corsair because I was borrowing some Corsair Vengeance Ram from a friend while I waited for mine to come back. His was 2 4 gig sticks and mine are 8 gig sticks. OK now the issue. I put the New Corsair ram in the slots to run duel channel and got the same error message, Strange because the 4 gig sticks are working fine in those slots. The slots are A1 A2 B1 B2 and for duel channel the book says to use slots A2 and B2. With just one stick in A2 it runs fine and also with both sticks in A1 and A2 it runs fine but not in duel channel so it seems B2 is having the issue with 8 gigs of ram but is fine for 4 gigs. Any idea if there is anything in the Bios that might be causing this to happen or some setting someplace. Going to HATE to have to RMA the MB and have to wait forever for them to get it then send another one.Possibly might return for a refund and just order another but going to wait for a reply from ASUS to see what they say on this matter.
So if any one has any ideas I would LOVE to hear them.

Dauntae

Tried that, Still won't boot up, Only way it will boot is A1 and A2 with the 8 gig sticks, Calling ASUS to confirm then the RMA

Back
Top Bottom