NF7 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Hopefully 4W4K3 I can convince my dad to get me this for christmas:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-890&depa=1

:drool: I read a ton of reviews about it. It outperformed Corsair, way better OC'ability, I'm hopin it'll give me some stability and possibly a better OC, but for the most part I think my system wants nothing less than 1.875 for 1.5GHz

those are so beautiful lol, i mainly need a bigger/better PSU to get more out of my system. I think RAM's run so crappy cuz they aren't getting enough power. board has loads of mods for going higher...only done 1 so far.

you mean 2.5GHz right? it said 1.5 lol.

i can get a screenshot in a sec ill edit this post to put it on, but as for what you said 4W, i have a 300w with weak rails and got my ram going strong and my cpu overclocked to beyond yours... you think its really holding you back?

u67at

and

u67gw

and i had the RAM up to 221 with no errors, then tried 225 and massive errors in memtest.

Leonidas said:
i can get a screenshot in a sec ill edit this post to put it on, but as for what you said 4W, i have a 300w with weak rails and got my ram going strong and my cpu overclocked to beyond yours... you think its really holding you back?

u67at

and

u67gw

and i had the RAM up to 221 with no errors, then tried 225 and massive errors in memtest.

i had my rig at 241*11, almost 2.7GHz...but heat is an issue. What i am trying to do now is get RAM maxed out so i know its limits, and then i can upgrade cooling and set it to hopefully 2.7+GHz. My PSU rails are right on almost (5.00v, 3.36v, 11.92v (sometiumes 11.86v)

but it is REALLY weird how no matter how much voltage i put in or how lose i run timings...it won't be stable. I think that is a big sign of Chipset or PSU.

And because i've seen this chipset go to 250+ on this board, i've seen these same RAM's do 283MHz on a different system, i am left with it must be my PSU. I might need to do a vdimm mod to get past 242MHz...but i gotta wait till tomo to find out. Also at 241*11 my 12v rail drops significantly to 11.7v or sometimes lower...a sign of weakness. :( good think PSU's are pretty cheap.

hehe, i bought mine out of a local shop for 20 bucks 2 years ago... been running strong through 2 systems, i always told myself id upgrade if it showed any signs of weakness but havent had a single problem yet... im thinking of buying one of those 10k RPM sata drives and may upgrade psu around that time... oh BTW have you guys seen major upgrades in windows loading speed as you overclock?

whats the best fan in your opinion for socket A?

as for loading speed, i havnt seen much, except for the programs once it logs on. The loading in general is because of my hd speed, which is only 7200rpm heh.

well, here is why i ask, in the middle of overclocking i took one of my ide's running together on a chain and hooked it up using the serilell adapter and now my windows loads in 2-3 swipes on the loading screen, when it used to take 5-10... and this seemed crazy almost impossible so i thought perhaps it was something to do with my increase in FSB along with running the serilell and the other IDE alone on a chain...

and as for coolers look at the dp102 google it, its cool as hell and sports 2 fans...

I boot alot faster running serillel and 2.6GHz, compared to running IDE and stock. But a 100MHz overclock wont do you much faster booting wise (unless it fixes some kind of error it was having loading windows before) maybe 1-2 sec at most with 100MHz boosts.

well my hard drive sucks, I know that for sure =/ I took the 256mb stick out because I had to test this 9600XT 256mb in my other machine to made sure it works. it does :D So I can sell it to my friend. Anywho, I'm running at 202x12.5 - 2.525GHz right now. I'm gonna ask my dad before christmas for those RAM sticks in exchange for gettin him something for his truck :p But I need his help getting HIS present because I know nothing of trucks and vice versa on his part :p Hopefully after christmas if I get that RAM I'll have enough money to buy another hard drive, and perhaps that'll give me better speeds off the Serillel as far as booting goes, because I'm going to try for like 250x10 =p

What BIOS are you using 4W4K3? I'm currently using TicTac BIOS Black Mantaray XT with a L12 Softmod, CPC-OFF, supposed to have better stability with higher FSB's and a best efficiency at 10.5 multiplier so that's where I want to get. Got any links to a site that shows that NB Pencil mod? Although I don't have a multimeter =/ But damn, like I said last time I upped my NB when my kingstong valueRAM was at 215FSB and it fried it :( got over 100,000 memory errors and kept rising on the first test within memtest86+ Surely those OCZ will hold up better though :p I'd expect anyway for that price.

EDIT: Leonidas, get a screen of the SPD tab in CPU-Z so I can see what manufacturer, year, and the SPD timings :p Seems like you got a damn sturdy chip there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom