Now a ram question

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I was just putting the finishing touches on my build that I'll be ordering next week and on PP's recommendation I went with the Team brand on the ram and great timing on them too (Thanks again PP) However when looking through the ram I noticed the G.Skill for the same price, Now I have used G.Skill in the past and have not had a bad stick yet and used to be the most recommended ram on THIS site. The one thing that got my attention was it was the 1866 still with great timing in stead of the 1600, I know 1600 is more than fast enough but faster is always nice LOL Should I go with the G.Skill or stay with the Team Dark series that PPMguire recommended over the ram I originally had on my list.

G.Skill ram
G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-16GSR - Newegg.com

Team Ram
Newegg.com - Team Dark Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TDD316G1600HC9DC01

Yea G.Skill is still highly recommended by myself and others but in the case of RAM I think I knocked everybody's heads together to know that "RAM is RAM". Faster isn't always better in the case of stability but timings make more of a difference than raw speed unless you run games on an IGP. So really it's up to you. In the end you won't see a difference with either set you go with.

The slightly faster RAM has slightly higher timings, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. Just make sure that whatever motherboard you have supports RAM speeds above 1600, if you choose to go that route.

Well got the replacement team dark series ram in so I put it in and $&@£€¥£!>\%# got the same error so apparently there is some comparability issues with this ram and my MB but I had enough of RMA crap so I called newegg and did hopefully my last RMA and ordered corsair on sale for $20 more than the Team sale price I got for $129. The Corsair is the pro version but it's the same ram I'm borrowing from a friend and it's working great on my MB. The funny thing is the Team ram works if I only put one stick but if I put the pair it errors and won't boot up. Even updated the bios just to make sure that wouldn't work but no go, well anyway got some great ram I got for $149
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1600C9R Red)

Yes, also tried playing with the speed and tried default settings and no matter what it wouldn't boot with both sticks installed, Tried all 4 slots with both just for comparison but the team ram wouldn't boot up if both were installed. Second set to do this so spent a little more on some that are working well on the board, not too bad of a price increase so I'm not so bothered and newegg has been great.

Back
Top Bottom