STOP Error help

Yevrag35

Pushing Daisies on Saturn
Ok, weird... I have two users who simultaneously had the same STOP error blue screen crash on their laptops. Now, the thing with the STOP errors is they're not making crash dumps, and I've heard all sorts of reasons about why that is.

Anyway, these two users use completely different hardware (both Win7 though), and because it happened simultaneously, I can't believe it's a coincidence. It's leaning me in the direction of it being a program that's running in the background, but I've detected no malware of any kind.

My real question was *is* there a way using a 3rd party program or something to get the OS to make a dump file?

Why not just disable automatic restart and look at the STOP code / parameters / driver file at the bottom of the BSoD?

Not sure if there's a way to force it to make a sys dump, as that's tied in with the kernel.

Why not just disable automatic restart and look at the STOP code / parameters / driver file at the bottom of the BSoD?
I've set in group policy to disable automatic restart just for this reason...:p
Attached is the picture of the screen.

No info, and I can't find any (meaningful) info on the error codes.

Attachments

• IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Once it reboots it's fine. I have a feeling that sleep/hibernation might be involved. Both users said that they came back from the same meeting, and just hung around at their desks. Before getting back to work, the systems shut down right in front of them. Sleep and Hibernation were set on both laptops.

Another odd tidbit, one of the users says this has been happening a lot over the past couple of months (thanks for telling us....:annoyed:). The other says this the first they've seen it.

Hmm, I'd check what video / network drivers they're on firstly. I know we had several issues with ethernet/wifi drivers and video drivers with laptops at my last job.

Maybe also see if they have similar applications running, other than what's normally on their base image?

Alright, I'll have somebody check on that. In the meantime, I've disabled their sleep and hibernate entirely to test and see if it is, in fact, the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom