network card odd sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal

In Runtime
hi!
well,since i keep my side panel opened,i hear that weird "click shhhlip shlip" sound when i start Explorer or an internet application.It sounds "material" ,like a metal pin tapping or rubbing somewhere...is that normal?

malm

where is the source from?network card? or from you hard disk.? Its more likely that it comes from a HDD. And that sound is bad :mad:

It's from the hd, if you have an older computer than the hd is probobly loud like that. I remember my old p3 800 had a hd that was annoying like that.

Since your side panel is open it might appear alot louder. But is this sound unhealth?

thats what im wondering..if thats only because with the panel off,i can hear things that i wouldnt with the panel on.Couldnt say unhealth or not though.

And its not constant.It makes "shhlip shhlip" the first time i start an internet application after a reboot.Then it doesnt make anymore.

I said network card because it seems to be related with the internet,but i dont know much about it.And the principal HD is not even 3 months old...all my apps are on it.My slave is older,but its for music only.No progz at all.

mmmh:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom