$800 budget build PC

Like I said, it's more about underlying architecture nowadays; not purely cores/frequency.

Where's the benefit of this seemingly unfounded statement to the OP?
If you are not going to lay out facts/information to help the OP make a decision, why post?

Tell us how a intel i5 at 3.1 ghz is supperior to a 4.2 ghz fx for video encoding?
I don't know everything, tell me why a seemingly weaker cpu is better?
List facts please, making broad statements devoid of any facts/reasoning/logic just makes me certain that I am right about this issue(that intel products are overpriced).

Please explain to the OP/me why this seemingly weak i5 is worth the $90 more than the fx-4170?

Last edited:
Where's the benefit of this seemingly unfounded statement to the OP?
If you are not going to lay out facts/information to help the OP make a decision, why post?

Tell us how a intel i5 at 3.1 ghz is supperior to a 4.2 ghz fx for video encoding?
I don't know everything, tell me why a seemingly weaker cpu is better?
List facts please, making broad statements devoid of any facts/reasoning/logic just makes me certain that I am right about this issue.

I'd say you should do the same, considering what I've read from your posts :) - haven't really seen any links to benchmarks from you either ;).

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/362/AMD_FX-Series_FX-4170_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-4440.html#bench

First few paragraphs: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/ (PP is also a hardware reviewer for another website)

Intel vs AMD: which processor is best? | News | TechRadar

Basically: intel has fewer, more powerful cores (although with most of i5's and i7's, you can enable HyperThreading, splitting each physical core into 2 logical cores). Because of this, Intel is better in performing single-threaded applications than AMD is (which most general applications nowadays are still single threaded).

AMD has more cores that are slightly weaker in terms of single-threaded performance - multi-threaded applications they perform well, but that is program-specific.

I'll let PP explain more (if he wishes), as I'm sure I missed many points, as he's a more knowledgeable in terms of experience/general research on the subject that I am.

I did post facts so he could make an informed decision that you apparently didn't pay attention to. I also explained not only here but in a detailed long stickied thread why Intel is better for gaming and why GHz/cores doesn't equal better performance.

It's not a case of what I disagree with, it's a case of you want to argue purely biased and uneducated opinion because you want to try to make me look wrong. This is evident from the last thread and carried on to this one. If you don't believe a word I say then there is a little thing called Google which will show you the information I've been saying. Including but not limited to the review that I posted showing exactly how far ahead this "inferior" i5 is compared to the FX line as a whole.

It's not a case of what I disagree with, it's a case of you want to argue purely biased and uneducated opinion because you want to try to make me look wrong.
The beauty of your reading comprehension shines yet again!

I didn't argue here, I presented some facts and some opinions.
I never stated you were wrong nor did I argue that view, learn to read please!

You love to make things personal, why?
Calling my opinions "uneducated," instead of being rude to those who view things differently perhaps you should learn to read!
Perhaps then you would direct rude statements where they are actually warranted.
The i5 performs better but costs much more, for gaming he might as well save some money and get a amd.

It's painfully obvious you are a individual with a low reading comprehension who trolls this forum, you effectively make any intelligent two way conversation from ever occurring here...
I am going to leave now, I advise you learn to read/comprehend basic English.

Last edited:
I advise you to stop attacking individuals on this site.

You're the one who is making things personal and trolling from what I've seen from the last thread, as well as this thread.

Civil debate is fine, but you're the one claiming others are trolling and attacking them personally. Enough of it - if I see anymore of it anywhere, infractions are flying. Keep it civil.

The beauty of your reading comprehension shines yet again!

I didn't argue here, I presented some facts and some opinions.
I never stated you were wrong nor did I argue that view, learn to read please!

You love to make things personal, why?
Calling my opinions "uneducated," instead of being rude to those who view things differently perhaps you should learn to read!
Perhaps then you would direct rude statements where they are actually warranted.
The i5 performs better(less than half) and costs twice as much. Seems to remain a fact that intel is overpriced.

It's painfully obvious you are a individual with a low reading comprehension who trolls this forum, you effectively make any intelligent two way conversation from ever occurring here...
I am going to leave now, I advise you learn to read/comprehend basic English.
Yes because I have 17k posts worth of trolling and so many thanks on the numerous builds I've pieced together for people. :rolleyes:

I'm done here, the OP knows the facts and is apparently rolling with it.

I advise you to stop attacking individuals on this site.

You're the one who is making things personal and trolling from what I've seen from the last thread, as well as this thread.

Civil debate is fine, but you're the one claiming others are trolling and attacking them personally. Enough of it - if I see anymore of it anywhere, infractions are flying. Keep it civil.
He calls my opinions "uneducated" and I'm the bad guy.
I'm on the way out anyhow.
Funny stuff!

He calls my opinions "uneducated" and I'm the bad guy.
I'm on the way out anyhow.
Funny stuff!

Yes, because you're issuing personal attacks (i.e. telling him his basic reading comprehension is bad, needs to learn english/grammar, etc.).

PP is stating your opinions are based on bias rather than fact - if you believe they are based on fact, then please support your arguments with links/benchmarks/etc. rather than attacking him.

Yes, because you're issuing personal attacks (i.e. telling him his basic reading comprehension is bad, needs to learn english/grammar, etc.).
Yes, Nowhere in this thread did I argue that amd is better.
Once it was stated that intel is better I simply presented the fact that AMD is cheaper and would work for gaming applications.
Nowhere did I argue.

PP is stating your opinions are based on bias rather than fact - if you believe they are based on fact, then please support your arguments with links/benchmarks/etc. rather than attacking him.
Using the derogatory term "uneducated" is a acceptable way to express that viewpoint on these forums?
That is sad! Really sad! I doubt you have many contributors.
If PP is allowed to use such a derogatory term towards a individual simply trying to render different viewpoints for the OP, who will stay besides him?

I've never been so bold as to outright state AMD is better, I explained that It would work for the OP and save him money, I cannot post links?!?
As a mod you should know that I cannot post links?

I pity this forum, you guys have a silly way of handling things.
I attacked only after being attacked, as was true on the last thread....
Good luck finding people that can tolerate this nonsense and contribute effectively.

I've never been so bold as to outright state AMD is better, I explained that It would work for the OP and save him money, I cannot post links?!?
As a mod you should know that I cannot post links?

I know for a fact you should be able to post links - your post count should be high enough for them to not get caught in moderation. Even if they do get caught in moderation, it only takes a moderator to checkmark the post and click "Approve" and voila, it's visible.

Back
Top Bottom