$800 budget build PC

You can do 90% of games on the market on max without a hiccup. Only certain high graphical titles will give you an issue but as long as you don't run a ton of AA you're good to go.

Okay I think I will go with the GTX 760 like you guys suggested and the i5 4440. Unless anyone has any other suggestions I can look at?

I know the FX 8350 would maybe be better for a lot of multi tasking.. but I think the i5 4440 gaming performance is more worth it to me. What do you think?

Okay I think I will go with the GTX 760 like you guys suggested and the i5 4440. Unless anyone has any other suggestions I can look at?

Look into the 3GB GTX 660 Superclocked.
It will give you better clock speeds and an additional GB of graphical ram.

I really wish I could post links...
Try this guide, It is quite useful, elitegamingcomputers[DOT]com/good-cheap-gaming-computers/

Something to consider, The 760 uses two PCI-E power connectors, while the 660 will only require one, If you elect to get a 760 make sure the PSU has the right PCI-E connectors.
If you can get a <=500Watt psu without APFC, you will be able to use cheaper Uninterruptible Power Supplies.
Any reputable PSU >500W will require a pure sine wave UPS which will cost you an additional $500+.
Alternatively you could risk your new hardware by not using a UPS at all.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have any thoughts on the GTX 660 TI?

Edit:

I found a GTX 660 superclocked 3gb vram 192bit for $229.99
Here are its specs:
Base Clock: 1046 MHz
Boost Clock: 1111
Memory Clock: 6008 MHz
CUDA Cores: 960
PCI-Express 3.0
3072MB GDDR5 192-Bit
Nvidia SMX Engine, NVidia Adaptive Vertical Sync, Nvidia Surround, Support for 4 Concurrent Displays, Nvidia PhysX, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready, Nvidia CUDA Technology

How do you think that compares to the gtx 760 for the $20 price difference?

I'm just realizing now though that it isn't a gtx 660 TI

The only GTX 660TI I can find thats 3gb superclocked, is for 309$ and refurbished which is 60$ more. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
The 660 Non overclocked version can/has ran crysis 3 at very high settings and good fps.
The 660 is the best video card that requires only 1 PCI-e power cord.

The additional GB of VRAM ensures you can load more textures of higher res.

But PP Mguire is right(sort of), The 760/770 will beat the 660 sc if/when you overclock it.
The 660 sc is basically pre overclocked for you, and they added a extra 1GB vram over what a stock 660 has.

The PSU SeaSonic S12II 620 that PP Mguire recommended has two PCI-e power connectors.
The PSU also has Active PFC, if you have any interest in getting a ups at some point, I recommend you avoid Active PFC.
Only reputable PSUs <=500 watts will not have active pfc.

The 760 will run you about $250.
If you want to save $25 get an additional GB of Graphical ram and use 30 watts less, you could get a EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 3072MB GDDR5.
By getting the SC 660 you will lose 192 Cuda cores, you will gain higher core and boost clock speeds, and an additional GB of Graphical ram.

There are supclocked versions of the 760 that cost ~$15-$20 more than the stock 760, they may be worth considering if you don't care about the planet(watts translate to pollution.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom