$800 budget build PC

efee24

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I would like to put together a new PC for myself. I would love to hear some build opinions for 800$. I've shopped around and looked at parts myself, but I just want to see other opinions for a full build since you guys are the experts ;) Also I'm wanting to put in another 100-150$ for a monitor to go with my setup, preferably 24 inches. If you guys have any suggestions on a monitor I would like to see what you have :)

What I will be doing with this computer.. playing modern games, video editing, and a looot of general multitasking.

I already have a 1 TB HDD, but I want to add another 1 TB and also maybe a 128gb SSD drive to load the OS on, maybe even a little smaller if the final price is too much.

I know 800$ isn't enough to get a crazy high end awesome setup, but I'm sure it will be enough for me.

Also this budget is without the OS, and all pointing devices, speakers ect. Just the complete tower 800$, and with a monitor 900-950$

Thanks, and all of your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
You could do the SSD if you ditch the HDD and go with this motherboard:
Newegg.com - ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Or if I kept the Hard Drive and went a little over budget?

The i5 is significantly better for gaming due to much higher single threaded performance, and due to the fact that socket 1150 has upgrade options whereas with AMD you have the 8350 and that's it. Done.

The 770 is a good card and I highly recommend it, but I recommend having the CPU power and upgrade options over paying more for the 770 vs the 760.

If you want to spend a little more on a PSU then this option would be better due to it being modular.
SeaSonic M12II 650 SS-650AM 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply - Newegg.com

Didn't you say your budget was 800.00 dollars ?
Those parts round out to 782.00 bucks, if your still willing to spend 900.00.
Remove the cd-rom, remove the seagate or ssd drive.
If you have a 1terabyte drive to use, do so and get either drive we picked out.
Pick up a copy of windows, won't specify which since many people differ on both os.
Pick up your monitor and seal the deal.
You could a wait a month build up some funds and get the remaining items. :/

Also I partially agree with mguire:
AnandTech Portal | The Vishera Review: AMD FX-8350, FX-8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 Tested
5% or 10% drop in ultra high performance in most games, but believe me you won't feel any bumps in the road.
When it comes down to performance work on windows or linux AMD is your best bet.
Thats why I stick with them, game and work for under 160.00 ? :)
Good luck on your machine.

As he said, he doesn't need a copy of Windows and he wanted to add the 1TB and SSD on top of the 1TB he already had I'm assuming for the videos he wants to edit.

Reviews tell a different story, the story I tell everybody. The i5 is a general all around better processor than the FX series almost as a whole. The FX 6300 leads the i5 4440 in video editing (as to be expected) but only by a small bit. The rest the i5 is simply better and it stands out even mostly over the 8350.
Intel Core i3 4330 / i5 4440 review: affordable Haswells - Benchmarks (HD 7970): Hitman Absolution (1920x1080 High) | Hardware.Info United States
Try not to forget, the i5 4440 is a Haswell CPU, so it will have about a 10% lead over similar Ivy or Sandy based CPUs.

Not to mention upgrade path. Socket 1150 has a refresh that's still coming out. If he really wants to squeeze more performance out of his machine he can get either a 4670k, 4770k, 4690k, or 4970k (when released). Any of which will have a clear lead over even the 8350 while also sucking quite a lot less juice.

Hmmm.. okay thanks a lot for the input guys. I might just have to go with the GTX 760 then. I think it should be good enough to play and game on highest without fps dropping below 30? Well if you guys have anymore input let me know I really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom