New budget build.

steve10765

Daemon Poster
So I was recently thinking of selling my PC and getting one that's a bit better for the same price, I don't care too much about loosing my diablotek PSU and rosewill challenger U3

So I have someone interested in buying for $450, I think that's a fair price so I may go through with the deal.

Here is what I plan on getting after I sell the PC(if I do, which I probably will)
AMD FX-6300, PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti - System Build - PCPartPicker

What do you guys think?

other notes
I plan to OC to at least 4.5ghz which most people can get, and try to OC higher if I can.
-I plan to overclock the GPU some more if possible, its already at 1.3GHZ which is a high stock overclock
-I know its not the best motherboard for overclocking, but it has VRM cooling and my case has good cooling, so I think it will be alright
-I am keeping my case, PSU, cd drive, SSD and HDD
-I can also mine with the gpu to help recoup costs
-budget is $445, I can not go over this!(the other $5 is for a front io usb connector splitter that connects to the back usb 3.0 ports)

You're honestly better off just getting a better GPU to replace the 560 and worry about the rest later. The 750ti is basically between 560ti and 570 in performance so you're not getting much of a bump in performance with all that work.

I was mainly really doing this so I could get a bit of a cpu upgrade, I know its 3 real cores and 3 semi cores(or whatever, I just know its not as good) and the new architecture would help me a bit, especially at 4GHZ or over.

Do I have this wrong?

(I was also hoping I could try selling this for more in the future, like between $650 and $700, and if someone buys it, thats good, if not, I still have a little upgrade)

Yes I know CPU doesn't do too much in most games, but I play alot of arma 2, which is cpu heavy

so whats your opinion on this?

Last edited:
Actually the better way to go is practically the same price as what you're looking at getting after the cooler and 1866 RAM is priced together.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (BX80646I54440) - PCPartPicker
Asus H81M-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (H81M-A) - PCPartPicker
Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (KHX16C9B1BK2/8X) - PCPartPicker

299. Socket 1150 is looking at its refresh later this year so you have more and faster upgrade options than sticking with AMD.

My opinion still remains on better GPU over platform refresh. Single core performance on 6300 is barely above the 965 in terms of raw gaming performance. You shouldn't be bottlenecked at all with a 4GHz overclock, especially since you aren't running a high end GPU.

Edit: Idk how good your CL options are but I've seen used 2500k and 3570k CPUs fly for about 100 bucks and used 760s for 200 bucks. You want my honest personal opinion all things aside? Sell your stuff and get some damn good used parts. Friend of mine just bought a 3570k and a 680 2GB per my recommendation and couldn't be happier. He paid 100 for the CPU and 250 for the GPU.

Edit: Idk how good your CL options are but I've seen used 2500k and 3570k CPUs fly for about 100 bucks and used 760s for 200 bucks. You want my honest personal opinion all things aside? Sell your stuff and get some damn good used parts. Friend of mine just bought a 3570k and a 680 2GB per my recommendation and couldn't be happier. He paid 100 for the CPU and 250 for the GPU.

I have kind of been told to stay away from used parts by society, especially for computer parts used.

Do you really think its ok to get some used parts? I mean I would exercise some reasonable caution, what used parts should I stay away from? I would think GPU's, but you told your friend its ok.

edit: LOL at all the macbooks for sale on craigslist

Last edited:
I have kind of been told to stay away from used parts by society, especially for computer parts used.

Do you really think its ok to get some used parts? I mean I would exercise some reasonable caution, what used parts should I stay away from? I would think GPU's, but you told your friend its ok.

edit: LOL at all the macbooks for sale on craigslist
That's why I put the edit as is. I have personally bought mostly all used parts the past 8 or so years. My 680 now is used, my RAM is used (traded that 64GB kit off), 2 of my HDDs are used (stay away from used storage media IMO unless you trust the person selling), the OCZ Vertex 2 is used (HA!).

I've had fairly good luck with used parts but I also make sure they are running before any cash is handed over. The ONE time I didn't do this I got ****ed royally. But I have no problems buying used CPUs, GPUs, boards, or RAM as long as the person is willing to stress test in front of you. Can get some good deals that way.

If only CL had anything, the most I have found under $300 for a part was a asus 560ti for $100 and 3 sticks of corsair dominator 2gb for $40
not much... you ever use ebay? I am looking at some stuff right now

Back
Top Bottom