Working with plexiglass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arokh

Solid State Member
I want to build a mini media pc for my tv but I'm not satisified with offerings by shuttle and the like. I plan to get a hold of a cheap micro atx board and build a plexiglass case as small as I can possibly go around it. Anyone have advice for working with plexiglass? What's the best way to fit the sides together?

I would guess by either drilling or melting together. I wish you the best of luck with this project :)

-Dan The Man

How about a hinge for the side panels, or simply have them screw on. Gluing the whole thing together would be redundant because you would have to break your case just to get to the internals. Just remember most pc's are crowded in today's mid tower cases (and some full tower ones as well) so your cables will be everywhere. Also Do Not Forget Cooling or else everything will overheat and fail...

I know... I used to build computers at work and tend to be quite anal with those nasty cables.

It shouldn't run too terribly hot, I'm just looking for like a celeron 800mhz or so, between the cpu fan and the power supply fan it should be ok.

As for the plexiglass, I think I might try some square rails and screw the plexiglass into the rails, like so:

+--------- (plexiglass)
|+-------- (rail)
||
||
||

I'll definately post pics if I get that far. ;)

you might try going for a low voltage mobile processor and even underclock it to get lower temps if you find you dont use all of it... not sure if they sell older sockets in microATX just shooting from the hip here tho, do your research... but what are you planning on using it for exactly? going for an AIW card and gonna use the remote or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom