EVGA 275 Co-Op problem

OMG pp mguire! I have been posting questions about this card for a long time, and you have solidly answered my questions. I tried to rep you but i can't till I "spread some more rep around". anyways, i got 1698 furmark score, and just like you said, it picked up my OC, 250 stayed right where I had it OC'd to, and everything is puuurfect. thanks bro... and I did DL Kombustor to get that score. I like the program, worked great... I did notice that I was running the card far hotter than I've ever seen, 94C?? that's ridiculously hot imo, any thoughts on that? btw that was with OC at 700mHz, I backed it down when it went from 93 to 94

You have 2 cores under one heatsink you're trying to OC and run a stress test program on. I suggest running the fan at 100% to reduce risk damaging the card.

BTW if you collect stuff keep that card. It's kind of a one of a kind gem.

I have it constantly running 100%, I've never really let it go to auto. the stress test only stressed one core (the 275). and really? didn't know I was buying a "gem"... the plastic heatshroud is falling apart on it, but I will keep in mind what you are talking about.

I suggest taking the heatsinks off and doing a clean and repaste then. Sounds like it needs it badly.

Yea some cards that are oddballs or rare turn out to be gems like yours, the Mars/Ares cards, or just other stuff like the Voodoo 5 6000. Stuff that is outside the norm becomes collectable to guys like me later on down the road.

ok i will do that... honestly have thought about doing that a few times then got distracted... and if I replace that card I will let you know lol sounds like you might benefit when i upgrade

I told you the same thing.... If you want the 250 to kick in, you're going to need to run 3dmark/vantage to run the physix test.

BTW, Nvidia I guess frowns on furmark as it over heats and stress the cards. The newer cards auto throttle tremendously running it maxed out.

Back
Top Bottom