Updating Video Card and Power Supply. Motherboard question

Lol now that you mention it lol dang PP you making me show my age now, gee that was a looong time ago. I knew that name was familiar but wasn't familiar with the cases.

Got everything put together. It works beautifully. Very quiet and cool as well.

My only issue is when I'm in a game (final fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn to be exact)

My screen will sometimes freeze. And people can appear to be jumping from place to place instead of moving normally. I have the settings on max and I left the card settings on default except for vsync which I turned off so I could get more fps. Call it bragging rights...

One time the screen went black and then came back like 2 seconds later.

Is this a bottle necking issue? I'm not sure why this would happen. Never had the issue with my old setup

Jumping place to place sounds like a ping/internet issue. Screen going black would be a card/driver issue. Best way to see if use MSI Kombustor and see if it overheats or produces the same problems.

Nope. It was smooth. I just ran a dungeon as well in final fantasy 14. Temp went up to 70°c at one point and fans were at 59%.

Cold air is being blown out the front of my case and warm out the back. I have the cpu fan aimed up and that is blowing pretty cool air. It seems like just the gpu is getting warm. The fans on something were getting louder as well but not tto loud. I'm assuming it was the gpu. Right now I'm idle and it's 30°c and 41% fan speed. Is there anything I should change or am I just worried over nothing? Lol

Also, I aimed my psu fan up instead of down like it seemed like it should go. Trying to increase air flow. And the gpu fans are aimed down toward the psu. Only way for it to go in. So I'm not sure if there's a way for me to keep the gpu cooler.

Is there anything other than the stock fans that come on the evga gtx 770 4gb sc that I can put on it to increase cooling?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom