MAJOR UPGRADE

Ok, thanks everyone :) also what card do you recommend for BF4 other than the 760 that is UNDER $500
The 770 or you can typically find 780s used for about 450.

I have a 4GB 680 which is a 770 (same chip) and completely maxed out in BF4 I average between 55 and 90FPS depending on what is going on in game on 64 player maps. That is with AA at 4x and all settings at Ultra and Resolution Scale at 150%.

so would the 770 do me good for a long time?
if not ill get the 780 but....
Here you go under 500.00 and enough to pay the water bill.
Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX7704XPB-OC2 GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card
I've used a PNY in the past GT520 it may have been weak in speed in some games.
The colors, quality and durability kept me gaming for 2 years.
That card has as much speed as the evga version 770 is your best bet.
Model
Brand
PNY
Model
VCGGTX7704XPB-OC2

Interface
Interface
PCI Express 3.0 x16

Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer
NVIDIA
GPU
GeForce GTX 770
Core Clock
1150 MHz
Boost Clock
1202 MHz
CUDA Cores

Memory
Effective Memory Clock
7010 MHz
Memory Size
4GB
Memory Interface
256-Bit
Memory Type
GDDR5

3D API
DirectX
DirectX 11.1(feature 11_0)
OpenGL
OpenGL 4.3

Ports
HDMI
1 x HDMI
DisplayPort
1 x DisplayPort
DVI
1 x DVI-I
1 x DVI-D

General
3D VISION Game Ready
Yes
SLI Support
3-Way SLI
Cooler
With Fan
Slot Width
Dual Slot
System Requirements
TDP:230W-Active
Power Connector
6-Pin / 8-Pin
Dual-Link DVI Supported
Yes
Card Dimensions
10.5" x 4.376"

Here you go under 500.00 and enough to pay the water bill.
Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX7704XPB-OC2 GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card
I've used a PNY in the past GT520 it may have been weak in speed in some games.
The colors, quality and durability kept me gaming for 2 years.
That card has as much speed as the evga version 770 is your best bet.

Personally I'd steer clear of PNY and go with EVGA - mostly due to their warranties. PNY's Lifetime warranty only applies to the lifetime of the product - so if it fails, and they don't have the same model of card in stock.. .you're potentially SOL. I've had fantastic experience with EVGA's customer service, however.

so would the 770 do me good for a long time?
if not ill get the 780 but....
Depends on what your definition of long time is. The lifetime for both will be relatively the same depending on how games take a turn but until recently I was using a GPU from 2010 so like I said it depends. As for right now and in the near future the 770 is completely fine.

Personally I'd steer clear of PNY and go with EVGA - mostly due to their warranties. PNY's Lifetime warranty only applies to the lifetime of the product - so if it fails, and they don't have the same model of card in stock.. .you're potentially SOL. .

Is that your only reason for steering clear of them ? o0
Just because they might not carry the same model for a certain amound of years.
They wont give you something back in equal or greater value.
Depending on what happen with your product and if you broke it.
Most companys do replace or fix the product if they have the parts available to fix it without going overseas for it.

Don't be so hasty to disreguard something without checking with the manufacturer or software vendor themselves.

Is that your only reason for steering clear of them ? o0
Just because they might not carry the same model for a certain amound of years.
They wont give you something back in equal or greater value.
Depending on what happen with your product and if you broke it.
Most companys do replace or fix the product if they have the parts available to fix it without going overseas for it.

Don't be so hasty to disreguard something without checking with the manufacturer or software vendor themselves.

Erm... I did. I read their warranty statement. It says they don't have to replace it with a newer model. I don't care if they don't have the exact same model... but MOST places will upgrade you of an equally priced card at the time of purchase, if they do not carry your card anymore. PNY's warranty states they won't do this (now, whether or not the actual CS reps do or not is another story - but if they follow their warranty they won't). EVGA's warranty states that they will replace it with an "equal or greater value if an exact replacement is not available".

Most companies won't repair a card - they'll send you a new one unless it's just a vBIOS flash, or cooler replacement, or something similar.

If you're going to spend the money, why not get one with a better warranty in case something happens down the road?

Why are you repeating half of what I already stated ?
Look at both of our posts both are pretty accurate.
I don't even have to look at PNY's warrenty guidelines or rules because I understand them right from the get go.

For the record I still recommend he get the pny gtx 770.
Its under what he wanted to pay for, good speed good picture and mainly good customer service.

I'll agree not everyones customer service experience is pleasent or nice at the first phone call or two.
One that has enough experience to work through the crap and get their hardware fixed without issues consistantly is the real winner.

Later.

Back
Top Bottom