Need help with new build!

Carlv32

Beta member
Hey guys,

First time posting so not too sure if its the right thread but here we go.
I am currently building a new gaming PC (AMD). I'm an MMORPG and FPS player - anything really.
I have a few questions before continuing with the buy.
CPU: AMD FX 9590
GPU: Gainword Geforce GTX 770 Phantom
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula (NOT Z)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9)
PSU: RaidMax 1000W
CPU Cooler: (ALSO Unsure of this)

Now my question is will the RAM work correctly with the CPU and MOBO? All the forum posts I've read say the RAM seems to be problematic where it does not run at intended speeds or crashes the computer. I already have the Cooler, MOBO and SU so no changing that. Any suggestions for the RAM? I wouldnt mind switching down to a slower speed if necessary. The mobo instruction manual has a VERY specific set of compatible RAM so please only advise if you know whats going on :)
Thanks.
P.S I Know AMD is not everyones first choice for gaming since they rarely use more than 2 cores but i like to Stream and multitask while waiting.

AMD is not people's choice for gaming because their single threaded performance is much lower than that of Intel. If you're buying the 9590 new then don't, just get the 8350 and save your money.

People are correct about the RAM. If you don't know how to overvolt your IMC to stabilize the memory OC on the CPU side then you'll be running at 1600 anyways. So might as well just get 1600MHz RAM. There is no benefit to faster memory anyways.

I know you said you already have your PSU (I'm guessing you left out the P) but I would replace it immediately. See the last page of my sticky thread as to why.

Thanks for the Advice. I'm strongly reconsidering going for a beastly intel build instead - I have quite a large budget so can you maybe adivse?
Was thinking i7 4770k, GTX 770 and a G45 Gaming Mobo.

Nah, don't be misconstrued. You don't need an i7 for gaming but if you have a large budget might as well considering a new 9590 is more cash. If budget isn't a problem you should still replace the Raidmax junk PSU and get a GTX 780 over the 770. Even if it means dropping to the i5 4670k. Gaming doesn't utilize HT in i7s.

Hey man,

Thanks for the prompt replies. I'm thinking at this point intel tbh. May aswell use the i7 since i like to do a lot of Photoshop - Video editing etc in my spare time and i read that it was good for that. I thought about the 780 but if i go 770 it will be just a matter of time before i can afford another 770 and go Sli.

SLI 770s are great and all if you're running 1080p and want to max everything at 60fps. If you are getting a 2GB card they struggle a bit with things like Surround or serious downsampling. But I mean if budget isn't an issue and you want to do that you might as well go 780ti now and if you really need more power get another one when they're cheaper after the 800 series drops in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom