NF7 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
what fans are u 2 running on your cpu?, im running that speeze, then a 120mm duct taped to the top of it :p

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33902

You can see pics of my computer there. I've got heavy duty fans ak :p meaning a lot of them not quality lol 10 case fans, 1 on the CPU which is a 6000RPM Vantec Tornado, and 2 fans in the PSU. My case fans are mostly 80mm's with 1 120mm on top, a couple jet blowers on the side and I believe that covers everything :D

im running an extreme volcano 12+, and im running at 1.85 vcore and keep totally stable at 2.58 ghz, but i just lowered it to 2.55 ghz because for some reason this gives me better results in Sandra benchmark... any reason for that?(using the same multiplier just changing FSB), i take it this is good for that voltage? oh by the way im idling now in the low forties and at load in prime95 for a few hours i reach 51 tops... that is okay from everything ive read, even though AMD has no max temp for these processors on their website.

the best part being this pc2700 RAM is running at 213Mhz rock solid with no change in its standard timings... how cool is that?

also what is that pencil mod in your sig 4w? some way to stabilize Vcore cause mine always runs alot lower than its set in bios according to cpu id... please tell us if there is any way to increase stability...

Leonidas said:
also what is that pencil mod in your sig 4w? some way to stabilize Vcore cause mine always runs alot lower than its set in bios according to cpu id... please tell us if there is any way to increase stability...

actualy it doesn't help vcore at all. That's my NB voltage, all it does is raise voltage from 1.7v (max NB voltage on this mobo) to w/e u decide. (i chose 1.8v for now, but it can go to ~2.35v) It's really easy, can be done with a pencil, mulitmeter, and steady hand. just watch heat....it gets REALLY hot even with noce air cooling. i got my NB to 46C max so far...pretty warm.

why raise NB? i havent done it and ive reached good stability what does it help? and do you know why the change in my clock speed wouldnt help on sandra? is it possibly a glitch in sandra or just a fluke, ive only run the test once on each clock speed.

Leonidas said:
why raise NB? i havent done it and ive reached good stability what does it help? and do you know why the change in my clock speed wouldnt help on sandra? is it possibly a glitch in sandra or just a fluke, ive only run the test once on each clock speed.

why run more v? hmm...bcuz im trying to break 245-250fsb on my board lol.

it is possible to be a glitch. did you mess with RAM timings?

not at all, im guessing glitch, cause its the only factor that changed(whats that finance terms that means all things being equal? im trying to think of it now and it slips my mind), but the RAM timings i havent touched at all they are at the settings of the ram at 166mhz and its running and 213 :D damn good luck being as it was a pull from a gateway system.

Leonidas said:
:D damn good luck being as it was a pull from a gateway system.

lol theres a guy at iT named CrazyXP1700 and hes got OCZ PC2700 running 236MHz 2-2-2-6 timings on like 2.96v. That's almost my speed, with WAY better timings (im now on 242MHZ 2.5-3-3-11) ans same voltage. Those are some awesome chips right there. Anything above 200MHZ from PC2700 is commendable though...very nice sticks. i'm beginning to think my RAM chips suck lol. 330watter PSU might be holding me back lol.

the best part being this pc2700 RAM is running at 213Mhz rock solid with no change in its standard timings... how cool is that?
Man can you post a CPU-Z shot of that Leonidas? My RAM got up to 200 and it passed memtest no problem, but windows wasn't stable so I dropped it down to 186. Kinda lame =/ I figured if it handled memtest it would handle the OS no probs. Mines a Samsung stick of PC2700.

Hopefully 4W4K3 I can convince my dad to get me this for christmas:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-890&depa=1

:drool: I read a ton of reviews about it. It outperformed Corsair, way better OC'ability, I'm hopin it'll give me some stability and possibly a better OC, but for the most part I think my system wants nothing less than 1.875 for 1.5GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom