MAJOR UPGRADE

ok :) so i know people ask this all the time but my son wants to play BF4 and cs:go and other high graphics games like that will it be fine for "next gen games"? thanks

It will play the next gen games but the 760 won't let you max all the settings but will play them fine. When games actually get harder to play down the road all you will need to do is get a better GPU as the rest of the system is good for quit a while. That's the nice thing about building a desktop is when something becomes not up to the task you can just replace that one part. As for BF4 he will be able to turn up the setting just not max them out, BF4 is at the moment one of the higher graphics intensive game out so just putting them on high means you have a pretty good system.

Dauntae

It shouldn't have any trouble with anything currently out putting them on high and many will run maxed on the settings, BF4 really pushes a lot of the limits due to the smoke and the shrapnel type stuff flying about in the explosions which there a a LOT of in a good match. Really looks amazing in some of the videos I've seen since I can't run the setting that high yet, Need a new GPU myself.

so would BF4 play at 60 fps on high?
and would it be good enough for live streaming?

Read this: Can the GTX 760 run BF4 at ultra, 1080p and 60 FPS? [Solved] - Gtx - Graphics & Displays
Yes it will do it on 60fps high, will it do that consistently everyday who knows. :/

If you want to stream, oc the cpu to about 3.2ghz - 3.5ghz please.
So you don't nuke your cpu by overheating this summer:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Alpine 7 GT (UC-AR7GT-AC-01) 80mm CPU Cooler for Intel

ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram - Newegg.com

The B85 is a budget chipset but the days of needing expensive boards has been long gone. An ASRock B85 board will support from a Celeron all the way up to an i7 4770 just fine and give you the same performance and functionality as a higher end Z87 board. You need to save money where you can because you want all that cash going to the GPU. The i5 4440 would actually perform better than the 3570k in gaming.

A 760 is the absolutely minimum I would recommend for higher settings and attaining closer to 60fps. My previous card was a GTX 580 I ran overclocked (better than the 660) and I ran 1080p with only a few settings on ultra and the rest low and attained between 45 and 55fps.
I already answered the question with specifics. It's not so much the 760 is a great card, it's that games aren't seriously that demanding if you're running 1080p or below and willing to turn a few settings down. The 760 is just positioned where it's supposed to be on the market and is a good mainstream card but if you're demanding 60fps in titles you'll need to turn things down in a few games like BF4 or Crysis 3.

I also answered the question about next gen games too. BF4 is as next gen as you'll get for the time being. The next game probably will be Watch Dogs or Dragon Age Inquisition. Not too terribly demanding over current games though. You'll need a GPU upgrade again by the time we actually start seeing a good improvement from the better power of the newer consoles.

Ok, thanks everyone :) also what card do you recommend for BF4 other than the 760 that is UNDER $500

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom