Updating Video Card and Power Supply. Motherboard question

Just got home from work so I can search much easier for a few options for you, Give me a minute and I'll find a few other ones.
Hope this works, Here are some of the more popular gaming cases and there shouldn't be any that won't fit your card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...029808 50001516 50001333 50001669&IsNodeId=1
This is the one I just got for my new build and I'm putting 2 GTX470's in it, About the same size and the 770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146081
Many don't come with all the fan slots filled but can hold a LOT of fans LOL Mine can hold 7 I think LOL It would probably hover when booted up if I put all the fans in. Those can be added later when you feel the need.

Last edited:
Just get a Corsair 200r. Friend of mine has one with a 3570k water cooled and a 2GB 680 in it. Some people might not like the aesthetics but it gets the job done and well for a cheap price.

Maybe we can use this thread as a perfect example of why not to go pre-built.

Could always do like I did. Hack your current case up to do what you need. I have 3 HDDs, 2 SSDs, a Corsair H50, a 3960x setup, and a 4GB 680 in a 2003 Raidmax Scorpio lol.

I didn't realize that my current case is a mini.

I ordered an Enermax Ostrog GT. Should do the trick. 11 inches wide so I shouldn't have any issues with the new heat sink.

And it states that it will fit a gpu up to 16 inches and mine is around 11.

So tomorrow I get to take everything apart and put it back together again

Lol such a large case for an mATX board. Your card is 10.5" long. Most all decent aftermarket cases support the 10.5" long cards as they are more standard than shorter cards.

Large case doesn't = more airflow. Quality fans and less restriction do. You actually need more speed or a lot of pressure to push air through larger units which is why I never recommend full tower or super tower cases to people who won't be doing custom water loops or otherwise need the space for tons of drives.
Don't confuse that for knocking your choice, just letting you know.

This is actually probably the main reason I recommend the 200r because it's cheap, it isn't flashy (people can add that later), it's large enough to accommodate a SLI/Crossfire setup, comes with decent fans stock, can accommodate 2 240mm rads or an H80i in the back, and is small enough to not need expensive or noisy (high RPM) fans to push air through it.

That's a mid tower with plenty of bling lol should serve you well, Not familiar with that brand so can't really give an opinion but looks well equipped and should last through your next build also, years down the road however lol but looks good. For me I stay away from the lighted cases because I have it in my bedroom and if I keep it on all night then it's like staring at a nightlight lol looks pretty cool though.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom