Advice on new gaming pc

I don't like Intel and is way more expensive. I want something top end and I was recommended amd fx series over intel. I just want to know what is a good cooling system for the 9590 and what is a good motherboard for it.

Intel is not way more expensive. You are looking at buying a 9590 which is 334 dollars. You can buy an i7 4770k for that much money, pair it with an ASRock Extreme4 Z87 which is 140 bucks and still be on par or cheaper than the AMD setup while completely outperforming it in anything. A 239 dollar i5 4670k will outperform the 9590 in any gaming task and it's 100 bucks cheaper. I'm not real sure where you got the idea that Intel is so much more expensive, but AMD's chips are not the performance per dollar like they used to be. They are actually very inferior to Intel in many tasks (#1 being gaming due to single threaded performance) and you don't even need a high end motherboard to get the superior functionality and overclocking ability. The 990FX chipset is far behind the Z87 in terms of features and performance as well being being cheaper for a decent board. You also have a lot more choice in terms of what to purchase as far as motherboards go.

You want AMD? I can count on one hand the amount of 990FX boards that actually support the 9590s 220w TDP. Decent cooling would be an H80i or above.

Back
Top Bottom