advent laptop screen turns off and back on after a sec repeatedly,...

did you remove the heat sinc to make that determination? any time you remove a heatsinc you should replace the paste. if you didn't, it may still be worth your while to purchase some arctic silver 5 and youtube proper installationi

TX-2 is cheaper for the same amount, and technically performs better as well - I haven't bought AS5 in years because of this.

Im back, to where I started. Its blinking again. Ill get some thermal paste tomorrow and apply*it.
A question- what kind of cable would I need to connect my pc to TV ? I mean to use it as monitor?
I think that I should do that first, so I would know where the problem comes from.
This is the weirdest thing ever, I cant find no none with same problem in internet.
Could it be bios?
I guess its not my videocard since I run it in safe mode and it was blinking anyway.

janex, what type of tv? alot of tv's now have hdmi inputs, so you will need either a vga to hdmi, or dvi to hdmi cable, your laptop should automatically display on your TV

oh how I miss the old rep button lol... tuche carnagex
It's still there ;). It's the "scales" under a user's mini-profile on the post.

Im back, to where I started. Its blinking again. Ill get some thermal paste tomorrow and apply*it.
A question- what kind of cable would I need to connect my pc to TV ? I mean to use it as monitor?
I think that I should do that first, so I would know where the problem comes from.
This is the weirdest thing ever, I cant find no none with same problem in internet.
Could it be bios?
I guess its not my videocard since I run it in safe mode and it was blinking anyway.

Check the inputs on the back of your TV. Most TV's have HDMI as well as VGA. What output do you have on your laptop?

The tv brand is sharp. But thata not a big problem, there is some electric stuff shop near by, so I can find the right one.
Omg, I just remembered, whenever it starts to blink it also starts to make a clicking noise. It makes this noise the same time it turns on the screen? Is that random? It does not make the noise when it turns off, only when it turns on. Or is that some lamp or switch making it?

The tv brand is sharp. But thata not a big problem, there is some electric stuff shop near by, so I can find the right one.
Omg, I just remembered, whenever it starts to blink it also starts to make a clicking noise. It makes this noise the same time it turns on the screen? Is that random? It does not make the noise when it turns off, only when it turns on. Or is that some lamp or switch making it?

Can you determine where it's coming from? If you listen to areas of the laptop, can you tell?

If you want, you could remove your HDD, and burn a Linux LiveCD (such as Ubuntu) and boot off of it to see if its an issue with Windows or if it's an issue with hardware.

that's.... hrmmm ok, could still be your screen, without hearing this noise myself I couldn't tell you what it could be.... put your ear near the laptop and see if it's coming from the screen or from the case?

It might be the hdd, but I disabled hdd in bios once and it was blinking any, although I've had some blue screens before and then it asked me to insert booting device or smtn, but wfter restart it worked fine again. I have slow net, so ill download ubuntu at night.
Could it be the backlight or inverter provlem? But I can get it to work, its like as soon as I run something like firefox or anything else it starts blinking.
I tried to run some games that I have and it started to blink immediately.
But then again, after few, days it starts to work fine and I can run whatever I want.
And then again, another type comes wheremi have to run programms that puts some pressure on pc in order to stop blinking.
And the clicking noise comes from the right corner. Where the hdd is at. But I cant really tell is it hdd or screen.

Ok, its, definitely the monitors fault. I usee kinoni remote desktop and connected my pc to my tablet and no blinking. Ill probably get some cheap monitor for now and thats it.

Back
Top Bottom