WHich 780ti should I get?

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
Okay so I am going to bite the bullet and get me a 780ti, my computer has been in its present state for over a year and it's time for some upgrades! I just switched out all my fans for Noctua fans, which was one of the better decisions I've made those things are amazing, and now I'm going to upgrade my graphics card from my Asus 660ti to a 780ti, the only question is which one?

I really like my 660ti, I think Asus did an amazing job with their Direct CU ll series and I'd like to stick with that, but if I'm spending almost $800 on a graphics card I want it to be the best I can get, whether that's Asus or not.

Also I'd like to check with you guys to see if I will run in to any bottlenecks or anything of the like with my current setup plus a 780. I think my 750 watt PSU will be plenty, but I'm not sure if my last gen 3570k will be the cause of any bottlenecks. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks =)

This is the absolute best 780ti money can buy, although completely unnecessary for 99% of the market.
EVGA - Products - EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition - 03G-P4-3888-KR

If you like the Asus cards just get one. There isn't much that differentiate the submodels besides small factory OCs and coolers. I personally prefer eVGA for their customer service and stock reference blowers for a slew of reasons but not everybody is me. Get what you like.

As to your CPU, you won't be held back by that CPU for a long time. OC or no OC.

This is the absolute best 780ti money can buy, although completely unnecessary for 99% of the market.
EVGA - Products - EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition - 03G-P4-3888-KR

If you like the Asus cards just get one. There isn't much that differentiate the submodels besides small factory OCs and coolers. I personally prefer eVGA for their customer service and stock reference blowers for a slew of reasons but not everybody is me. Get what you like.

As to your CPU, you won't be held back by that CPU for a long time. OC or no OC.

In my travels I did see the K|ngp|n edition but that thing is just a smidge out of my price range...LoL, so if there isn't much of a difference I'll just get the Asus. I tend to get a little weary when something is cheaper then the rest, and the Asus is cheaper then the other GPUs by about 50-80 dollars.

Thanks for your help PP, I appreciate it.

I was going to get the EVGA 780Ti Dual Classified, but the Gigabyte Windforce 3X OC was clocked the same and over £70 cheaper, so I went with that. No regrets so far. Cards have ran fine. One gets to 85c and the other 75c, which is a little odd, but likely just due to the airflow when you have two cards in SLI close to each other. Never had any technical issues with them though, definitely can't moan for the saving over the EVGA equivalent.

The dual Classified has more power phases for higher and more stable overclocking. Not really a thing for you just like the KP edition goes even further than that.

I always go with EVGA regardless of price difference. Their customer support is great and should you ever have issues with their product they will make it as painless as possible.

The dual Classified has more power phases for higher and more stable overclocking. Not really a thing for you just like the KP edition goes even further than that.

Not really a lot of point in OCing a 780Ti unless you are chasing benchmark scores. I mean, if you get the fastest single GPU card on the planet and then need to OC it, what the hell are you playing :p Nah - i'm only joking, I can name a couple of games where I cant hold 60FPS with SLI 780Ti's actually.. which is shocking! Though that is always when running MSAA at something like 8x to 16x when at 2560x1080.

Back
Top Bottom