My new build, Opinions wanted

DOH I typed out a whole detailed response but took too long to write it and it vanished lol well any how the bios was set right and detected the correct voltage and timing and works great on one stick but if I switch them and just put the other stick it no longer will boot so def a bad stick of ram, first I've ever received.

Like any other company, Dodoo happens, Not blaming the company, They look like quality ram and the heat sinks are nice and well made, Just the luck of the draw I guess and I got the short straw this time, Well hopefully I get the long straw on a GTX470 I'm bidding on on ebay, Them things are still going for a few bucks lol What would the GTX470 in SLI compare to I wonder, The 460's had me happy at what they could do so the 470's should make me happier.

Holy crap people are crazy on ebay, It's like gambling for some people, I got into a little bidding war but KNOW how much I'm willing to pay, Apparently they don't. After I gave up on it someone else started bidding and a GTX470 went for $103 lol for a few $$$ I'd rather get a 750TI lol well the search continues, Hopefully that second 460 comes through.

Finally got my second in today and I'm pretty impressed with the performance so far, BF4 I put almost everything on ultra and it ran smooth however I have not gotten into a full game with tons of other people as of yet so I'll see how it handles that, My Vantage score wasn't too bad either. Can't wait to see what the 870 I plan to get down the road will do. Also I'm wondering if having all my ram will help the score. Right now I'm borrowing 8 gigs from a friend while I wait on my RMA for my ram.
Screenshot4.png

Last edited:
Won't do anything. Benchmarks don't rely on a ton of RAM. That coming from a person that went from 64GB to 16GB. THe same can be said for games.

But looks like I was spot on though. Single 580 performance.

Attachments

• Vantage 580 4.4.jpg
    Vantage 580 4.4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It's not 770 performance but it sure will hold me over, When I do get the new one these will go back into my old system which has the 460 in it now but still using it. When my house is finally ready to move in I'll be using it so not going to waist, Not a bad upgrade for the $80 it cost me.

Yea. If you can overclock those heat monsters there isn't much out you can't play minus non-SLI supporting games. I had almost no issues with my 580.

Back
Top Bottom