Office XP, icons missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubl10

Solid State Member
All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I can't get to my word, excel or anything with my Office XP. I can't locate it and start it up, but if i click on an existing document that i have saved on the computer, like a report i made in excel and i click on it to open it up, then i can get to excel. But how do i fix my problem, how can i see them again???

Yeah i was just going to do that, but i was wondering if someone knew of a quicker fix, but i might just have to re-install it, some virus must have gotten on my computer and ****ed it up!

the only thing i see, when i hit start, i did have word as a shortcut there when you hit start, but it now has a icon as if there is no program to start it up, so it has one of those invalid icons there, and then when you go to programs and you go to my office xp folder and scroll over the only one there is frontpage, the rest aren't there anymore.

Josh18657 said:
If you hit start then programs do you see office there?

Josh

yea thats what I was gonna say..give that a shot and then recreate the shortcuts from there. If not just recreate them from the root folder assuming the progam works good. you can find them here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11

Yes try that. If you do find the shortcuts in your Start Menus group, right click each item, go to Sent To and click on Desktop (Create Shortcut).

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom