Wanting new motherboard.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Looking to upgrade my motherboard, coming from a Biostar TA890FXE. Looking for a board that will support the FX series chips. Needs 4 memory slots, preferably 2 PCI-E x16 @ x16 other than that, I'm not going to be picky. Been looking at either the Sabertooth 990FX or ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX. Suggestions welcomed!

Looking to upgrade my motherboard, coming from a Biostar TA890FXE. Looking for a board that will support the FX series chips. Needs 4 memory slots, preferably 2 PCI-E x16 @ x16 other than that, I'm not going to be picky. Been looking at either the Sabertooth 990FX or ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX. Suggestions welcomed!

If you upgrade keep me in mind as far as your 1055T goes... as long as you can sell it fairly cheap.

First board is x16 and x4, or dual x8 PCI-E.

Second board is actually a good choice, I was looking at the UD7 but 'Egg is out of stock.
I actually think they have it mismarked because it's a Tri-SLI capable board which are all usually 16/16 or 8/8/8. I've even seen some do 16/8/8. Nvidia doesn't license boards for SLI of any kind if any slot will be 4x for a SLI'd card.

Edit: This review makes a bit more sense on slot speeds.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASRock-990FX-Extreme9-Motherboard/1731

It's dual 16 with the middle slot being 4x and bottom being 0.

Last edited:
I actually think they have it mismarked because it's a Tri-SLI capable board which are all usually 16/16 or 8/8/8. I've even seen some do 16/8/8. Nvidia doesn't license boards for SLI of any kind if any slot will be 4x for a SLI'd card.

Edit: This review makes a bit more sense on slot speeds.

ASRock 990FX Extreme9 Motherboard | Hardware Secrets

It's dual 16 with the middle slot being 4x and bottom being 0.

That makes a lot more sense. The board had the electrical connections of x16 on two of the slots, but NewEgg showed it as only being capable of dual x8. That board is now on top with the other ASRock. Going to search reviews will post back with my final decision.

Back
Top Bottom