Windows Startup slow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubl10

Solid State Member
Okay, here are the facts with my computer.

Dell Dimension 4100, Windows ME, got it in 2001.

Since then i have upgraded my RAM up to 500MB
I have upgraded my Operating System to XP.

And it would start up fine, whenever you start the computer, you see the dell splash screen and it's just there for a second or two and then it continues to startup.

I recently just switched out my 20 G hard drive and got a new one, an 80 G hard drive. I successfully copied everything over fine and now I just have my new hard drive as the primary master etc.. and i'm not even using my old one.

Now, ever since then, my computer starts up a lot slower. When it hits that dell splash screen on initial startup, instead of a few seconds it sits there for like a minute or two, and then it starts up fine, what is with the longer stall???????? How can i get that to go back to a quicker startup????

I think there is an option under your Advanced Features of your BIOS that allows you to disable the logo/splash screen. Try that, it saves time by not loading the Dell logo, but I'm not sure about the splach screen itself.

-Dan The Man

Yeah i read about that, and i was going to try that, right now i'm trying to figure how you can fix the problem if i want to keep that.

Dubl10 said:
Yeah i read about that, and i was going to try that, right now i'm trying to figure how you can fix the problem if i want to keep that.

Good luck with that ;)

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom