Blue Yeti Troubleshooting

Elite Fox

Beta member
I recently made a thread Weird High Pitched Noises on Mic? | PC Help Forum regarding the strange, robotic fast-like recordings that occur every time I plug in the Yeti via a powered USB. I also posted a video in there to demonstrate it so people can listen to it.

No matter what mic I use (I use a Blue Snowball & Logitech) the recordings sound off only when the Yeti gets plugged in. If the Yeti is not connected, the recordings on the Snowball and Logitech sound completely normal, regardless how many times I hit the record button. Once the Yeti gets plugged in, the recordings go way off.

This user named Antman claimed that the sound is something called an overdrive. He believes that the signal is amplified twice which explains the high pitch, robotic noise. His solution was to make sure the sample rate (Hz)/microphone boost or input was in its proper condition. So I did all of that and unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. So he told me that my Realtek High Defintion Audio was outdated. So I updated the sound card driver to the maximum and still couldn't resolve the problem. So he couldn't help me anymore :sleep:

I just find it weird how my neighbor's laptop (uses Realtek too) is capable of recording the Blue Yeti without even over-driving it. Yet, whenever I plug it in to my desktop, the recordings go nuts regardless what mic I use. I even called a technician for the Blue Yeti and he couldn't figure out what was going on.

Do any of you have an idea on what this issue might be? All I know is that it is correlated to the Blue Yeti USB connection and affects all mics once plugged in. The only way to get rid of this corrupted recording is by either unplugging the Yeti and restarting the computer or sending it back to time when the Yeti was never installed via System Recovery. However, that doesn't resolve the problem because the problem is still there once the Yeti gets plugged in. Making the Blue Yeti and any other mics completely useless.

I'm trying to use the Yeti for my gameplay/music videos but without getting rid of those annoying recordings I can't use it at all. I would have no choice but send it back to Radioshack and get my money back. I don't want to return it but if I can't fix this anytime soon I have no choice.

Its possible you may just have a defective one, You said you have a friend with the same one without issues, try his on your pc and see if its doing the same thing, if not bring it back and get a new one.

Dauntae

Its possible you may just have a defective one, You said you have a friend with the same one without issues, try his on your pc and see if its doing the same thing, if not bring it back and get a new one.

Dauntae

Actually, the Blue Yeti works just fine. He doesn't have a Blue Yeti (sorry if I wasn't being clear about that). I tested it on my neighbor's laptop and it responded just like it's supposed to. Yet, when I test it on my desktop, those high pitched noises start happening on not only my Yeti, but with all of my mics like the Blue Snowball. The only way to get rid of it is to either restart the computer or restore it to an earlier point via system restore without having the Yeti connected.

But that doesn't solve the problem since it will be back once the yeti is plugged in. All I know is that this problem is only correlated to the connection of the Yeti. Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Back
Top Bottom