Alienware m14x r1 question?

Brookestar

Solid State Member
Hello i have a quick question about The Alien ware M14x R1. i was wondering if my computer mother bored could handle an i7 or whatever and where do you find laptop processor?
The processor on my alien ware is extremely old i guess. and maybe someone who experience i tech could tell me why i'm so laggy all suddenly like on WoW i could be able to play on Ultra/high on darkspear with no lag issue! now i can't barely make it throw lowest setting. i have to go somewhere with no one around me lol!

But my Processor is:

Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-2430m CPU @2.40GHz 2.40ghz
Ram: 4.00 gb
System: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit opration system.
*If u need anything else let me know* also is it possible i could upgrade my motherbored to an R2 or something?

That i5 isn't that old... It's a 2nd gen which is still fairly decent.

As for upgrading to an i7... that I'm not sure. I couldn't find much on google in terms of other people upgrading the CPU to an i7. Even if you did, mobile chips are much more expensive than their desktop counterparts, so you'd have to either shell out big bucks, or find a used one that would work with your system.

I did see a few things about upgrading to an R2 motherboard, but not much else was said other than some people were thinking it was possible. Whether it would actually fit or not, is another question entirely.

As for the lag in WoW... what are your temps while idle/load for your GPU/CPU? Have you tried updating your GPU drivers from nVidia or AMD (depending on what kind of GPU you have in the laptop)? Post your temps for idle/load and lets see what we're working with.

I really do appreciate it for you to tell me that carnageX :) and for your input!! i'ma check if i need update drivers and see if tat would work! :) i'll keep u posted :) but do you know if my mother bored could handle a i7?

Last edited:
If it can handle an i7, would want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision as well, in case they added compatibility in a later revision or something.

Back
Top Bottom