Can i dual hook up two desktop computer base units?

ark50000

Beta member
I am currently using one monitor and one HP Compaq Base unit with an Intel Pentium 4 HT Processor. I have the EXACT same base unit sitting in the corner collecting dust. Is there any way i can use it? I was wondering if i could dual hook up both of them some how and use both processors/HDD/DiskDrives? I was hoping this would allow me to enhance the performance of the machine. So far most forums have claimed i cannot use anything of the other base unit, but for some reason i am having troubles believing that. Is there any way i can take out the RAM and insert it in the base unit i am using now? Or maybe hook the Base units up and use just the HDD of the other one? IF i am only able to use the HDD of the other Base unit how would i do so? Would i have to hook up the entire thing or just remove the HDD from inside the unit? Sorry for all the questions thanks for your time

The only thing you can do with the other machine is what you suggest. use it for parts *IF* it has better specs than the one your using now. (I.E. - Better/more ram, better CPU, power supply, etc...) but to link them together and make them run as one unit, is not an option.

OK thanks for responding. I think i am going to use the other Base unit HDD for my downloads. That way it wont effect my machines performance. I just need to know how to do so.

Do you want to use it for storage or for the OS itself?

If it's for storage, and you can pull the drive and cable from the 2nd unit and install it into the 1st one. The only thing your going to have to make sure first is that you have the power supply plug handy in order to use the drive.

It's super simple to do, but here is a simple tutorial that you can find on the WWW.
HowStuffWorks "How to Add a Hard Drive to Your Computer"

Back
Top Bottom