Asus vs HP

MUSTANG46

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm in the market for an upgrade because XP is on way out. I went to bestbuy and the guy recommended Asus laptop but, I like the desktop putors, he also spoke of an i7 operating system which I quess is fast. Any input on this brand I never seen the brand before. :)

For a desk top building one I think is best :p An I7 is the intel processor not the operating system, That would be windows 7 or 8 as for building a desk top what is your budget and I KNOW the people here would be more than helpful learning you how to put it together. so basically let us know your budget and what kind of use you want it for like gaming or just surfing the web or running a office type program. This info will help us know what you will need to put one together that will meet your needs.

Dauntae

THANX GUYS, I was planning on using it for surfing web,office,and some gaming. the store quoted me a price of $1700 for a laptop i 7 but I want the desktop. looking online for Asus I found a few ranging from $1200-$2300 so to build one then, I never built one so, I would need ur help. So I would say the budject would run somewhere in this range

I'm assuming you will need monitor, keyboard and everything that goes with it. For the uses you posted you won't NEED a I7 chip. The I5 and I3 are cheaper and will handle everything your looking to do. With you budget we will be able to put together a pretty good system. I'll do a little searching and try to piece together something you will like and others here will look and see if there are better options on the parts so you will get a good system for a good price.

Dauntae
Newegg.com has some video's to give you an idea on how easy it really is building one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

Last edited:
Ram
Newegg.com - Team Zeus Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TZBD38G1600HC9DC01
CPU
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-4430 Haswell 3.0GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54430
Video card
Newegg.com - XFX R7-260X-ZNJ4 Core Edition Radeon R7 260X 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card
Hard drive
Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive, Blue - Newegg.com
power supply
SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com
mother board
Newegg.com - ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Case (you can any one you like, Put this one for price reference
Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
operating system
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Newegg.com
You can either go with windows 7 or 8 but linked 7 just to give you an idea on final price.

So for this comes to Subtotal: $725.92 For the case that is usually more of a personal preference as is key board/mouse and such. so with this you can pick a nice monitor you like with choices of size and resolution and fit well within your budget. I'm sure there will be others with different suggestions but that's what great about this forum, You get to see more than one persons perspective on what a good build for you might be.

Dauntae

That's a good point PP That one slipped by me LOL I put together a semi budget rig and got the CPU right this time LOL

True but that $1200 also need to buy a monitor and all the other things to go with it, Depending on what he wants for that will decide what he will have left in the budget for the PC

Back
Top Bottom