Upgrade For Bad PC

HunterStuck

Baseband Member
So, i NEED an upgrade for my pc, but i know i have a bad cpu (core 2 duo E8400 3.0 ghz) but i also need a new graphics card too (the one i have now came with the computer installed in the mobo, its the intel Q45/Q43 express chipset). I need to know what i should upgrade for gaming like BF3 at high or BF4 at medium settings. At most $175 (usd). Thank you

P.S cheapest possible for good quality :)

all i know about the psu is that it is 350 watt

but i could upgrade that for fairly cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Your problem is going to be that CPU. You can buy a 7770 and a CX500 for that kind of cash but the e8400 will hold you back on both BF3 and BF4. I had a Q8200 in my spare rig that had issues keeping up with BF3 on high. It's the 64 player maps that kill it.

Alright my next question is how many cores do those have and how many fps would i be getting

Also i was looking into Amazon earlier and i saw the GTX 650 ti

Next so i dont need a new processor and if so how many fps will i be getting?

never mind about the cores sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Your FPS is going to be low due to the reasons I said above even at low. You need a new CPU to play these games at acceptable frames. By acceptable I'm talking at least 35fps. For anything like the 650ti, 7770, or the 750ti (which is the better card out of the 3) you will need a new PSU.

You would need a new motherboard and RAM to use an i3. And no, it wouldn't in 64 player maps on all low settings. Would be sufficient for BF3 but not BF4.

With that e8400 best case scenario anywhere between 5 and 40fps in BF4 with the 750ti. As to minecraft it'll run it fine. Your biggest problem with be large amount of players. The CPU will starve the system.

Back
Top Bottom