lightscribe DVD burner

What mode do you have your SATA controller in? Sometimes software hates if you have it in AHCI instead of IDE, sometimes it hates when in IDE instead of AHCI, and so on. Don't go changing the mode, as it will "break" your windows install if you don't install the proper driver and tell the OS to use that driver at the next boot.

I really have no idea what mode the SATA controller is in to be honest - and don't know how to change it.
Would it being different/wrong only stop lightscribe from working and still allow the drive to read and burn as normal?

I really have no idea what mode the SATA controller is in to be honest - and don't know how to change it.
Would it being different/wrong only stop lightscribe from working and still allow the drive to read and burn as normal?

Check in BIOS. Should be there somewhere.

It shouldn't affect it as far as I would think... but I've seen weirder things.

Last edited:
Check in BIOS. Should be there somewhere.

It shouldn't affect it as far as I would think... but I've seen weirder things.

Some CD drives are very picky... I have one that refuses to work in ANY mode other than standard IDE mode, then another that rather hates IDE, always get failed burns while in IDE.

Thanks everyone for the help!
I took the easy way out and bought a new burner which is working perfectly. It was only £12 and I have given the old one to my sister to put in her computer which only has the one drive – it is still working fine for normal reading and writing.

Thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom