Now a which windows question

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
OK I'm being a PITA I know but so many things to choose from and like to know others opinions. To this point I'm not a big fan of windows 8 and love 7 but I'm keeping my current system in use when I build my new one in a few weeks so a new copy is coming. Should I get another 7 or get the 8.1 and just do the stuff that makes it look more like 7 (I don't like the tile stuff on it) What are some of the pro's to 8 over 7, I know there are a few things that won't work with 7 designed for 8 even if there novel items but there are bound to be more so I'm considering 8.1 now.

And your thought are???

Dauntae

Windows 8.1

Will have longer support than Win7
Has improvements upon Win7 (that I personally like)
Many more, but I'll just get accused of "defending Win8" like always :rolleyes:

Ultimately, it's up to you. They are very similar OS's, however I like the improvements made in 8 that I have it on my machine, as well as my fiance's machine. Only time I use Win7 now is when I'm at work on my laptop there.

Well If I go with 8.1 I will use the add ons to make it look more like 7 but I'm thinking I will go with 8.1, The USB 3.0 will be nice.

Dauntae
OH and Carnage, Who cares if they accuse you of defending windows 8, There big boys and girls and if they don't like it tell them to play in someone else's sand box LOL So you like it and some love Apple computers over PC. To each there own so like what you like and to %#!!
with what they accuse you of.

Last edited:
He's talking about me. I feel if you like an OS that's fine, good for you, but don't use a personal bias of something to make it more than it is. Sort of like Apple people always claiming Apple if better than PC. That is personal opinion. My personal opinion of the matter is a LOT of people simply do not like Windows 8. Give them the real updates that they will notice going from 7 to 8 and let them decide. The most noticeable right up front if you use Start8/Startisback/Classic Shell is file explorer enhancements, new task manager, and USB3/SATA3 support. Not needing to download and install those drivers makes things a bit nicer. All the behind the scenes crap 90% of general and power users won't notice or care. File transfers are definitely a lot better if you transfer a ton of files between drives. Smaller transactions aren't so noticeable.

One thing on the USB3/SATA3 support. If you use a USB3 flash drive to install with UEFI the install process is ridiculously quick to an SSD.

He's talking about me. I feel if you like an OS that's fine, good for you, but don't use a personal bias of something to make it more than it is. Sort of like Apple people always claiming Apple if better than PC. That is personal opinion. My personal opinion of the matter is a LOT of people simply do not like Windows 8. Give them the real updates that they will notice going from 7 to 8 and let them decide. The most noticeable right up front if you use Start8/Startisback/Classic Shell is file explorer enhancements, new task manager, and USB3/SATA3 support. Not needing to download and install those drivers makes things a bit nicer. All the behind the scenes crap 90% of general and power users won't notice or care. File transfers are definitely a lot better if you transfer a ton of files between drives. Smaller transactions aren't so noticeable.

One thing on the USB3/SATA3 support. If you use a USB3 flash drive to install with UEFI the install process is ridiculously quick to an SSD.

Was just taking a jab at you since we like to debate the Win8 thing :p.

Oh yeah, forgot about the file transfer UI / mechanism in Win8. Love the fact that explorer has the ability to pause transfers and shows the actual transfer rate now.

Was just taking a jab at you since we like to debate the Win8 thing :p.

Oh yeah, forgot about the file transfer UI / mechanism in Win8. Love the fact that explorer has the ability to pause transfers and shows the actual transfer rate now.
I think the actual transfer rate is borked.

It isn't accurate. It likes trying to tell me that my 5900rpm 2TB is transferring files to my 3TB 7200rpm at 200MB/s sustained. Not happening.

I'll just leave this here:

estimation.png

Back
Top Bottom