lightscribe DVD burner

I am using a lightscribe disk for sure, from the same cake as the last ones I burned.
Lightscribe is slow for sure but I massively prefer it over writing on the disk, I think it looks so much better - plus my hand writing is terrible lol

I have no problem replacing the drive if that's what needs done it just seems to me the drive should be fine as it worked before in my old system and it works everything but the lightscribe now.

It is connected to SATA III on my mother board if that might be the cause? Graphics card is blocking the other slots

@Joe: If you don't use good labels, though, they can sometimes come off if they heat up too much while spinning and come off.

I've been using Memorex labels for a while now and haven't experienced any issues. I've made a lot of disks with labels for clients that I convert vhs to dvd for and I have no complaints about the labels as of yet and I've been doing that for several years too
I have not attempted to use any other brand labels so I do not know how well the other brands work

Last edited:
I've been using Memorex labels for a while now and haven't experienced any issues. I've made a lot disks with labels for clients that I convert vhs to dvd for and I have no complaints about the labels as of yet and I've been doing that for several years too
I have not attempted to use any other brand labels so I do not know how well the other brands work

Yeah, Memorex are good ones. I just know that there are cheap labels out there that don't stick as well... or if you don't properly apply the label and leave bubbles/ridges it can cause issues too.

The memorex labels don't leave bubbles but if it doesn't go on right the first time, you won't be able to fix it because you'll end up destroying it before you could re-adjust it. Once it's on it stays

Last edited:
A buddy of mine has a printer that prints the label directly onto the disk. It requires special disks just as LightScribe does. I'd rather go that way than LightScribe or paper labels.

Epson CD\DVD capable printer

I've seen those discs before - they're essentially just the paper labels, with it already applied on there lol. Just that it's done at the factory with a machine, rather than printing the label yourself and applying it onto the disc.

What mode do you have your SATA controller in? Sometimes software hates if you have it in AHCI instead of IDE, sometimes it hates when in IDE instead of AHCI, and so on. Don't go changing the mode, as it will "break" your windows install if you don't install the proper driver and tell the OS to use that driver at the next boot.

Back
Top Bottom