New build does not boot

Os so I will take out the board and most of the things on it. Also I once took out the PSU out of rhe case and tried running it without anything plugged in but the fan on it did not start.

You don't have to take everything out but taking the board out is necessary to make sure there is no short coming from your case.

I have done as you suggested. The Computer still does not start up withpu the GPU. It only has 1 ram slot filled up and nothing else connected. The thing does not start up.

If you have to drive a long ways you can never go wrong by getting a PSU tester while you're there. I have one from Antec on the bench for a quick test... just good or bad lights, super easy and accurate. I also have one that tells me all the voltages so I can tell of just one line is low on power. They should be able to test the PSU at the store while you wait, it only takes a minute.

Ron

I was going to say the same thing. With a psu tester you'd be able to rule it out right away. If you return the PSU and it's working fine, then you've just wasted a whole lot of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom