How do I know if I need better cooling?

What's the difference between the 212 Evo and the T4 on the same page as linked above? One is $40, the other is $30. They also look about the same..

Also:
If you don't have an amazon account I would recommend making one and signing up for the Amazon Prime trial...

Thanks, but I'm not old enough. =P

Last edited:
Going out to buy the Evo cooler tomorrow.
I was talking to a friend of mine, and he downloaded the HWMonitor program also, and it read that he too was breaking 80 degrees. Is it possible that the CPU is fine, but that either the program or the sensor is faulty, or are we both just really bad at planning out our computers?

CoreTemp's reading at the very bottom (I'm guessing that's where it's displayed) is 0 degrees..?
CbF7ea0.png

This is the readout from the HWMonitor.
I don't know, but wouldn't this one also read 0C if my sensors were bad?

ily9x4s.png

HWMonitor utilizes as many sensors as it can pick up whereas Coretemp is made to read from one main sensor. You could be getting bogus readings in HWMonitor whereas Coretemp would just show a 0. It's a known issue with current AMD processors to have a sensor bug. Some flatout don't work, others will read idle temps wrong. That's why I said give it a full load and see what it does.

That's still only 52% CPU usage though. Run Prime95 as a stress and then see what happens. If your computer doesn't shut off automatically from the temps the program is showing then the temps are bogus.

Your other option is to just get the cooler and install it while not worrying about it.

Back
Top Bottom