Hi! I need help and saw this forum

Free floating would be a BAD idea lol how is it backwards??? Pics would help but every MB I've seen are all the same layout for how the carde go in, You might be looking at it funny but it's the normay layout for a ATX board.

On my board, all PCI slots are in the bottom right, and cards face out to the right. On this board, it would appear that they have to face out to the left.

Anyway, could I use any ATX case? Or am I looking for something in particular?

On my board, all PCI slots are in the bottom right, and cards face out to the right. On this board, it would appear that they have to face out to the left.

Anyway, could I use any ATX case? Or am I looking for something in particular?

As long as the case can handle a full ATX mobo then you are good.

As long as the case can handle a full ATX mobo then you are good.

Fantastic!

One final question before I get out of everyone's hair... Will changing motherboards mess with the OS at all? I would assume I'd have to run BIOS updates... But could I just unplug everything and swap case and board all in one go? Or is there more to it than that?

Fantastic!

One final question before I get out of everyone's hair... Will changing motherboards mess with the OS at all? I would assume I'd have to run BIOS updates... But could I just unplug everything and swap case and board all in one go? Or is there more to it than that?

Unless you want to reinstall everything you need to prep the OS before you swap them out.

If you are running XP:
How to: Upgrade your motherboard without reinstalling Windows. - [H]ard|Forum

If you are running Win7:
Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer - Windows 7 Help Forums

Back
Top Bottom