No video- help?

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
Hey guys. So I just got my room re-carpeted and I had to move my rig and then set it back up, and now it doesn't work. It turns on, all the fans work, hard drives spin up and everything, but there's no beep and no video output. Help?

Also make sure your motherboard has an on-board speaker. Not all of them have speakers.

Make sure everything is secured correctly and if you have the option to use on-board video try connecting to that as well.

Pull the battery out of the motherboard for a few seconds and then put back in to reset the CMOS.

Make sure all of your other components are running as well when you fire up the system.

Can't find the battery... Weird. Did a little snooping though and found a CMOS reset pin, did that... No change. The mobo doesn't have a built in speaker but I have a diagnostic one plugged in. As far as I can tell, everything else is running...

Have you tried switching monitors?

And I have to ask do you have the video card power plug connected? I'm assuming nothing has really changed since from what I read you simply moved your setup.

I've got two monitors plugged in, just tried unplugging one and then moved the other over to a different slot. I tried unplugging the gpu power and plugging it back in. I changed my mind about everything else working though... Back USB ports have power but no data (I think) and the green light by the Ethernet port isn't on.

Normally I would think the motherboard somehow shorted out in the move, but if all your other components seem to be working then that may not be the case.

Do you have on-board video on the board you are having the issues with?

Back
Top Bottom