tough question

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmonk888

Baseband Member
hey guys, i just bought some Kingston HyperX dual channel ram model KHX3200ULK2/1g basically the fastest one 2-2-2-5 and 1 gig of it
im running amd 64 3500 winchester model 90nm in an MSI K8T Neo2 with bios 3.2 the newest one
ram is running in dual channel, or at least posting, but it starts at 2.5-2-2-5 with CAS latency at 2.5.... as soon as as i booted in bios i changed it to 2, but it still ran at 2.5 cas latency .. so then i switched to manual ram config, and it now runs at 2 CAS Latency, and i can even get 2-2-2-5 but the problem is, no matter what i switch it to it changes the FSB and mem speed to 100MHZ/200FSB, and i know i should be getting 400FSB, so basically, if i switch to manual ram configuration, it changes speed to 200FSB/100MHZ
while 2.5-2-2-5 isnt soo bad, i wanted to get 2 CAS latency and i know its possible because ive read somewhere of someone that had the same ram and got 2-3-2-6 which is what i should be aiming at if i cant get 2-2-2-5 .. also .. should ram burst lenght be at 8 or 4?
kinda a tough question , but was hoping someone in this forum might know, also messed with voltage and didnt make a difference]

thanx for input =D

last time i looked , you had to identical ram to run dual channel and the fact that you say your running generic ram may be your problem ..wait for other post to see if im correct..
also im not sure but i dont think 2.5 is a bad deal .
2.5,2,2,6 just a thought

Is that just 1 stick of mem?
Burst length should be at 8 beats , set to 4 beats when using 64-bit Dq .

Yeah he might have a single 1GB stick. I mean you push and snap them in, shouldent be any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom